OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow, they're showing Doraemon on Toon Disney!

+5
ROOM
hacked by tybangshucker
link63
Princess Daisy
Neci
9 posters

Go down

Wow, they're showing Doraemon on Toon Disney! Empty Wow, they're showing Doraemon on Toon Disney!

Post by Neci Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Based Wikipedia wrote:Confirmed cast members of the new American adaptation include veteran anime voice actress Mona Marshall in the title role of Doraemon and Johnny Yong Bosch as Noby. The English dub will be distributed by Viz Media.

There are notable visual and script changes between the Japanese version and the English version. Some changes include Americanized name changes that are equivalent to the manga, fictional town in America instead of Japan, new English Openings and Endings, no violence depictions of discrimination, and depictions of sexual content, American culture and customs are present, and translated gadget names.

Onscreen edits and additions also include Om-rice (Omelet with rice) is now replaced with pancakes, and chopsticks have been changed to forks, Japanese yen notes have been converted to U.S. dollar bills, Japanese check marks have been replaced with American crosses to indicate mistakes on a test, and an "F" letter grade has been added to better explain the "0" mark, Bandages in one episode ("Henshin! Dracula Set" or Transform! Dracula Set) have been removed, and a first-aid kit has been replaced by pizza, in the episode "Hashire Umatake" (Run, Bamboo Horse), Nobita's streams of tears have been removed, Japanese signs have been replaced such as "Gōda Shōten" (Gōda's Shop) to "Goda's Goods," in the episode "Doraemon no 100-nen Time Capsule" (Doraemon's 100-Year Time Capsule), and the contents of the time capsule have been replaced.

Elsewhere, an ishiyaki imo (sweet potatoes baked on stones) stand is now a popcorn truck. Other food changes, such as less sweets (including Doraemon's iconic dorayaki) and more fruits onscreen, have been made due to broadcasting standards to promote healthy eating on children's programming. Since Doraemon lost his ears, he gets angry when people often mistake him for a tanuki (Japanese raccoon-dog) in the original story. However, since raccoon-dogs outside Japan do not look round and fat as they do in Japanese folklore, Doraemon gets mistaken for a seal in the English localized version.

A unique U.S. opening sequence has been compiled from footage from the Japanese version. To explain the premise of the story, a narration about "why Doraemon came from the future?" has been added. The theme song, other songs, and sound effects have been adapted to be easier for American children to empathize. Dialogue is also not just literally translated, but adapted for entertainment's sake and to fit a natural speaking rhythm. However, Gian's infamous "Ore no mono wa ore no mono, omae no mono mo ore no mono" catchphrase is rendered more or less without changes as "What's mine is mine. What's yours is mine!"

Well... At least the manga is being released in English.

Even my fucking mom was disappointed, she grew up with OG Doraemon Spanish dubbed.
Neci
Neci

money : 25
bitches : 1
Humor : Shitting all over and beating up white cishit male scum, uwu

Back to top Go down

Wow, they're showing Doraemon on Toon Disney! Empty Re: Wow, they're showing Doraemon on Toon Disney!

Post by Neci Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:27 pm

FUCK BUSH
UCK BUSH
CK BUSH
K BUSH
 BUSH
BUSH
USH
SH
H
Neci
Neci

Back to top Go down

Wow, they're showing Doraemon on Toon Disney! Empty Re: Wow, they're showing Doraemon on Toon Disney!

Post by Princess Daisy Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:47 pm

toon disney doesn't really exist

well not anymore at least

theres only disney xd
Princess Daisy
Princess Daisy
THE IDIOT PRINCESS

money : 3638
bitches : 23
Humor : HI I'M DAISY

Back to top Go down

Post by Neci Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm not calling it that dumb shit. liberal arts degree 
Neci
Neci

Back to top Go down

Post by Neci Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:49 pm

No, but this would've sold cable for me. Dead serious, and I live in a country where cable is like 35USD base package.
Neci
Neci

Back to top Go down

Post by Neci Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:54 pm

I forgot to bold the thing about "hurr seal" but nah.
Neci
Neci

Back to top Go down

Post by link63 Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I heard TONS of bitching about this, but honestly did you expect anything less ? You can't sell jap concepts to kids, and doraemon is a kids show. Obviously they had to change shit because its more 
relatable because typical foods are easier to pronounce and more
easy for kids to pick up on than "Doryaki". Also the changing of the band-aid thing makes sense in context (The bandages were cross shaped and killed a vampire in japan, was changed to extra garlic pizza in usa version).

I will give OP this though, spanish dubs never changed anything and were incredibly successful, the spanish Mazinger Z dub, for example, kept the jap names and i don't thing ever edited things out or changed shit. Meanwhile, on US shores Mazinger Z got a semi infamous shitty dub, the dub changed the names of all the characters and changed Mazinger Z's name to "Tranzor Z" as well as changing names they also spliced in Great Mazinger footage for some reason. Here's the thing, The spanish dub was really successful but the US dub bombed. Really though, I think it had more to do with the marketing strategy at the time.

The solution here is to get demographics right, when adapting something geared towards older kids keep the names and shit the same because they are more likely to understand jap shit (like what Gundam Wing and DBZ did). When adapting something geared towards littler kids like doraemon, I think it is perfectly acceptable to change shit to make them understand it more.

TL;DR : When adapting pedotunes geared toward older kids/adults, keep shit the same. When adapting pedotunes for kidz, americanize shit.
link63
link63
STREET FUCKER

money : 1253
bitches : -479
Location : Off the grid and away from those zionist nazi jew motherfuckers like obama.
Humor : FORROW THA SAHN ! CATCHI THA SAHN !

http://www.ilikepie.org

Back to top Go down

Post by hacked by tybangshucker Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 am

link63 wrote:I heard TONS of bitching about this, but honestly did you expect anything less ? You can't sell jap concepts to kids, and doraemon is a kids show. Obviously they had to change shit because its more 
relatable because typical foods are easier to pronounce and more
easy for kids to pick up on than "Doryaki". Also the changing of the band-aid thing makes sense in context (The bandages were cross shaped and killed a vampire in japan, was changed to extra garlic pizza in usa version).

I will give OP this though, spanish dubs never changed anything and were incredibly successful, the spanish Mazinger Z dub, for example, kept the jap names and i don't thing ever edited things out or changed shit. Meanwhile, on US shores Mazinger Z got a semi infamous shitty dub, the dub changed the names of all the characters and changed Mazinger Z's name to "Tranzor Z" as well as changing names they also spliced in Great Mazinger footage for some reason. Here's the thing, The spanish dub was really successful but the US dub bombed. Really though, I think it had more to do with the marketing strategy at the time.

The solution here is to get demographics right, when adapting something geared towards older kids keep the names and shit the same because they are more likely to understand jap shit (like what Gundam Wing and DBZ did). When adapting something geared towards littler kids like doraemon, I think it is perfectly acceptable to change shit to make them understand it more.

TL;DR : When adapting pedotunes geared toward older kids/adults, keep shit the same. When adapting pedotunes for kidz, americanize shit.

1. Just change it to like beancake or something.
2. oh OK
3. I guess that conclusion makes sense
hacked by tybangshucker
hacked by tybangshucker

money : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by hacked by tybangshucker Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:01 pm

OH FUCK YA I WANT TO HAVE SEX AS THE HOT BLUE CAT IT IS MY SECOND WAIFU NEXT TO TOOTHLESS AND LARA CROFT
hacked by tybangshucker
hacked by tybangshucker

money : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by ROOM Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:12 pm

who the literal fuck finds lara croft sexy

what kind of monster are you
ROOM
ROOM

money : -255
bitches : -499

Back to top Go down

Post by RICK ROSS Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:17 pm

ROOM wrote:who the literal fuck finds lara croft sexy

you criticize him about liking a human but not a "hot blue cat" or toothless?
RICK ROSS
RICK ROSS
HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR

money : 21298
bitches : -345
Humor : 360 Degrees of Perfected Styles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Red Epoch wrote:

look at this loser not wanting toothless to suck your bone marrow out through your dick

Back to top Go down

Post by ROOM Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Red Epoch wrote:

you need a lesson in half-assed dry humor
ROOM
ROOM

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14 Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:12 pm

ROOM wrote:
Red Epoch wrote:

i was being ironicly stupid XDDDDD
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14

money : 1020
bitches : -1931
Humor : ammy rustles my jimmies

Back to top Go down

Post by alyaza Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:19 pm

i was only pretending!!! it was all a ruse!!!!
alyaza
alyaza
wizard

money : 18317
bitches : -944
Humor : praise be to the all powerful appaloosa horse

http://otrepository.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ROOM Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:32 pm

SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14 wrote:
ROOM wrote:
Red Epoch wrote:

no really

lara is so horribly generic, it's almost scary
ROOM
ROOM

Back to top Go down

Post by Urethra Franklin Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:23 pm

only thing in the OP i find objectionable is censoring shit, but again it's airing on disney so it's an obvious and understandable thing
Urethra Franklin
Urethra Franklin

money : 1215
bitches : 19
Humor : nonexistent

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14 Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:21 pm

ROOM wrote:
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14 wrote:
ROOM wrote:

no really

lara is so horribly generic, it's almost scary
define generic
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14

Back to top Go down

Post by ROOM Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:31 pm

1. adj. Merchandise marketed without a brand name.

2. adj. Not specific; nondescript.

3. adj. Very plain; undecorated.

4. adj. Mediocre or substandard.

or, in my terms, she has absolutely no characteristics that make her likable or unlikable

and i've played most of the games yo (except the shitty new ones)
ROOM
ROOM

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14 Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:13 am

ROOM wrote:1. adj. Merchandise marketed without a brand name.

2. adj. Not specific; nondescript.

3. adj. Very plain; undecorated.

4. adj. Mediocre or substandard.

or, in my terms, she has absolutely no characteristics that make her likable or unlikable

and i've played most of the games yo (except the shitty new ones)
she has a nice ass so i would fuck her over the blue cat anyday
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down