OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

project morpheus

5 posters

Go down

project morpheus Empty project morpheus

Post by Princess Daisy Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:21 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/03/18/sony-announces-virtual-reality-headset-for-ps4/

The VR wars are just getting started. Sony announced a virtual reality headset for the Playstation 4 at  the Game Developer’s Conference today, joining the Oculus Rift as a high-profile headset promising to change the face of video games and electronics. Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida debuted the device at a session titled “Driving the Future of Innovation At Sony.”

“Since the early days of video games, the industry has grown by leveraging technological advances to create new experiences for gamers,” Yoshida said. Sony, he says, has been experimenting with virtual reality since the company started work on Playstation Move
“Virtual Reality is the next innovation from Playstation.”

Yoshida used a particularly brutal first-person view of God of War to illustrate just how immersive VR experiences can be.

This also marks one of the most important differences between Sony’s PS4 and Microsoft's Xbox One. In a certain sense, the VR headset serves as an answer to Microsoft’s Kinect — a brand new peripheral that fundamentally changes the way we interact with games. Similarly, both technologies remain mostly unproven — while VR has gained massive traction in techie circles, we still don’t know how well it will support full game experiences or mass markets. The Kinect 2.0., similarly, has yet to prove itself a necessary purchase alongside the Xbox One.

If I had to pick which one of these technologies will get the world more excited, I would definitely go with VR.  I’ve used the Oculus Rift on several occasions now and the experience really is mind-bending (sometimes uncomfortably so). It’s the perfect mix of old and new — it allows the user to experience old-style games from a different perspective, as well as entirely new experiences. People have been chasing this technology for decades, but one gets the feeling that the moment truly has arrived.

project morpheus 630x

are you ready for major migranes
Princess Daisy
Princess Daisy
THE IDIOT PRINCESS

money : 3638
bitches : 23
Humor : HI I'M DAISY

Back to top Go down

project morpheus Empty Re: project morpheus

Post by admin Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:23 pm

lol fuck this virtual reality nerd fad it's a fucking stupid gimmick
admin
admin
ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC

money : -420000486
bitches : -5361

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:31 pm

mrspurinization wrote:lol fuck this virtual reality nerd fad it's a fucking stupid gimmick
le virtual boy with gud grafiks faice
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

money : 6040
bitches : -2475
Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:35 pm

i don't see the use for this shit

i like being able to see the outside world while playing video games
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

money : 5880
bitches : 37
Humor : it's ya boi

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:36 pm

unless these come with hella good surround sound and a gyroscope that does the head motion thingy they're fucking useless as FUCK and even with them are pretty damn pointless
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:41 pm

kkkRISTYAN FOOLE wrote:unless these come with hella good surround sound and a gyroscope that does the head motion thingy they're fucking useless as FUCK and even with them are pretty damn pointless

it uses similar technology to what the ps4's camera interacts with the controller led, so yes it's got head motion of sorts. surround sound was never spoken of, but you never know disregard it's there marked with "3D audio" marketing shit. but the technology means you need to buy ANOTHER peripheral on top of your expensive vr headset.
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:03 pm

mega!!!! wrote:
kkkRISTYAN FOOLE wrote:unless these come with hella good surround sound and a gyroscope that does the head motion thingy they're fucking useless as FUCK and even with them are pretty damn pointless

it uses similar technology to what the ps4's camera interacts with the controller led, so yes it's got head motion of sorts. surround sound was never spoken of, but you never know disregard it's there marked with "3D audio" marketing shit. but the technology means you need to buy ANOTHER peripheral on top of your expensive vr headset.
if they're calling "surround" "3d audio" it means it's shit and they're trying to disguise the fact that it's shitty surround by saying it's not surround
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:09 pm

kkkRISTYAN FOOLE wrote:
mega!!!! wrote:

if they're calling "surround" "3d audio" it means it's shit and they're trying to disguise the fact that it's shitty surround by saying it's not surround

yeah if i had to guess it's simulated through stereo (duh)
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:38 pm

GODDAMNIT MS IS JUMPING ON IT TOO

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/03/report-microsoft-working-on-augmented-reality-headset-for-xbox/
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Daisy Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:20 pm

great now everyone's doing it

except nintendo
Princess Daisy
Princess Daisy
THE IDIOT PRINCESS

money : 3638
bitches : 23
Humor : HI I'M DAISY

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:08 am

le fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:08 am

dat chlamylio when now nintendo has to do it or they're not part of ~~da phuchure~~
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:19 am

if you could use any of these headsets for more than eight minutes without your head exploding it would be way more interesting
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:22 am

oaky delano mcsmokey wrote:if you could use any of these headsets for more than eight minutes without your head exploding it would be way more interesting
i have heard literally fucking nobody talk about the oculus rift or any of that shit outside of le interwebz you know it's gonna be a massive flop and the other two are gonna be pulled but sony/ms fanboys are still going to use them as "reasons" ps4bone are "more advanced"
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:41 pm

oaky delano mcsmokey wrote:if you could use any of these headsets for more than eight minutes without your head exploding it would be way more interesting
i would get so paranoid using one

i'd start imagining people breaking into my house or someone holding a knife to my throat while im trying to play
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:49 pm

really these things are just encouraging even more antisocial behavior that's becoming norm with video games

like, you can't play couch co-op when your wearing these ridiculous things
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down