OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

text editor tier v2

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

text editor tier v2 - Page 2 Empty Re: text editor tier v2

Post by nerd annihilater Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:39 am

like lets say im editing lilo.conf, and i want the boot menu and not the text prompt. if i write 'menu' at the top because i had a slip of mind the text automatically goes red, because that's not an option that works in lilo so i'd be like "shit i used the wrong word" and save myself a broken MBR

the thing for the menu is "prompt" btw, fuckin bullshit
nerd annihilater
nerd annihilater

money : 1091
bitches : 45
Humor : Cupertino enclave dies out in less than 60 years because they keep sucking cock

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:09 am

that's always a nice feature but downloading and installing a custom program for editing text is still stupid to me
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by nerd annihilater Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 am

ozzie freedom wrote:that's always a nice feature but downloading and installing a custom program for editing text is still stupid to me
vi is a POSIX standard, every compliant operating system comes with it by default. vim (VI iMproved) is basically just a plugin ontop of vi
nerd annihilater
nerd annihilater

money : 1091
bitches : 45
Humor : Cupertino enclave dies out in less than 60 years because they keep sucking cock

Back to top Go down

Post by amsoautisticd8er Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:39 pm

lol @ vim, its only slightly less noobier than sublime text, fucking hipsters ruining editors, wow what a baby, visual mode is 4 losers who dont have 2+ weeks to write everything by hand and then get a superior editor also the packages are BLOATED, 2MB almost, and they actually are stable and work. fuk that shit, it brings text editors to the masses and makes it easy when we all know its supposed to be about pretending to be denis ritchie. vim is 4 hipsters who think ST is 2 mainstream, they just use editors because they think it makes them look cool to their retarded friends, not like us at all, we are REAL hackers, fuck vim hipsters, fuck subLAME newbs, ed 4 life!
amsoautisticd8er
amsoautisticd8er

money : 3394
bitches : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum