OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hardware problems that piss you off general

+3
dogtranswoman328
admin
got places to be
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

hardware problems that piss you off general Empty hardware problems that piss you off general

Post by got places to be Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:59 pm

when a battery charging station refuses to charge batteries that aren't rechargeable models

wireless optic mice

brittle headphones

cords that are way too short for what they do (eg. my headphone cord being one single meter long)
got places to be
got places to be

money : 2578
bitches : -500
Humor : dumb

Back to top Go down

hardware problems that piss you off general Empty Re: hardware problems that piss you off general

Post by admin Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:02 pm

accidentally pulling your headphones and ripping them out of the jack
admin
admin
ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC

money : -420000486
bitches : -5361

Back to top Go down

hardware problems that piss you off general Empty Re: hardware problems that piss you off general

Post by got places to be Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:02 pm

mrspurinization wrote:accidentally pulling your headphones and ripping them out of the jack
alternatively, accidentally pulling your headphones and ripping the cord tip entirely off
got places to be
got places to be

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:25 pm

mice that are too fast/too slow

also mice that are resistant on mousepads
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:26 pm

i got this cheap fucking mouse for like 8 dollars at radioshack and it's served me dutifully for hundreds of hours

i have a bunch of others but none can match its quality
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by got places to be Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:00 pm

when webcams cant adjust to lighting worth a fucking damn
got places to be
got places to be

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:36 pm

when phone chargers go on strike and decide not to charge your phone any more
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

money : 6040
bitches : -2475
Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by got places to be Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:22 pm

flammahnigga wrote:when phone chargers go on strike and decide not to charge your phone any more
fucking this
got places to be
got places to be

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:36 pm

lcke wrote:
flammahnigga wrote:when phone chargers go on strike and decide not to charge your phone any more
fucking this
mah niggaaaaaaaa

"oh you want to charge your phone? too bad bitch you're going to have to bend the wire a certain way for some reason and i'll only charge it if i feel like it. OH YOU WANT TO CHARGE YOUR PHONE? LOL TOO BAD NERD NOW GO FIND ANOTHER CHARGER THAT PROBABLY DOESN'T EVEN WORK AT ALL
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:46 pm

non-removable batteries
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

money : 5880
bitches : 37
Humor : it's ya boi

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:47 pm

mega!!!! wrote:non-removable batteries
lol appLE
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:53 pm

flammahnigga wrote:
lol appLE

not just them

it seems to be all the rage with manufacturers to make products *thinner* while also compromising consumer freedoms

even your beloved google and samsung follow through with this
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:16 pm

mega!!!! wrote:
flammahnigga wrote:
lol appLE

not just them

it seems to be all the rage with manufacturers to make products *thinner* while also compromising consumer freedoms

google doesn't make phones and samsung not to my knowledge does that

it's companies like gaytc
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by alyaza Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:19 pm

windows 8 being made for tablets and touchscreens but being used on desktops
alyaza
alyaza
wizard

money : 18317
bitches : -944
Humor : praise be to the all powerful appaloosa horse

http://otrepository.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:22 pm

slamjamsk8r wrote:windows 8 being made for tablets and touchscreens but being used on desktops
i'm installing windows 8 on my desktop right now actually

suck my big donger it works fine for both
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alyaza Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:24 pm

it just doesn't feel right porting a touchscreen OS to desktops
it's awkward
alyaza
alyaza
wizard

money : 18317
bitches : -944
Humor : praise be to the all powerful appaloosa horse

http://otrepository.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:26 pm

slamjamsk8r wrote:it just doesn't feel right porting a touchscreen OS to desktops
it's awkward
Have you used it on a desktop? it's not a 'touch screen OS' it's a hybrid that works with either and from experience it doesnt feel awkward at all
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 pm

flammahnigga wrote:
mega!!!! wrote:
flammahnigga wrote:
lol appLE

not just them

google doesn't make phones and samsung not to my knowledge does that

it's companies like gaytc

samsung does it but it's not with phones

google while not the manufacturer of the devices, approves what their name gets thrown on. and it's clear that this bullshit flies with them
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:36 pm

the only awkwardness i had to get used to in the beta was how big the tiles were compared to the size of your cursor and not having my glorious start menu
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:01 pm

gary oaky wrote:the only awkwardness i had to get used to in the beta was how big the tiles were compared to the size of your cursor and not having my glorious start menu
i see the screen as an improvement over the menu. you can customize it far more than the menu, its completely fluid, it looks nice after 8.1, colorful etc.

"baww its fullscreen" who the fuck cares. i dont get why everyone cries about it being fullscreen like going fullscreen would kill their first born child

yeah tiles can feel prettyhuge, though 8.1 includes individual tile resizing so you can make them a fourth of their normal size ive never needed it
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by got places to be Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:18 am

i sed herdwaer not softwaer

when somehow you kick/pull the cord to your mouse and it goes rocketing forward into the vast abyss that is under your desk, after impacting the back of the desk/wall with a thunderous crash
got places to be
got places to be

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:20 am

slamjamsk8r wrote:windows 8 being made for tablets and touchscreens but being used on desktops
Windows 8.

I have a very old computer. It has served me well. So well that I see no reason to rid of it for something newer when my loyal machine will likely still serve in my will for years to come. Windows XP has always been there with me to fight for the cause but with its EOL finally coming around the corner I needed to switch. Linux was a no-go because of some stupid hardware incompatibility, and also just because it's still so rough around the edges as a desktop OS.

Windows 7. A bit slow on my faithful GMA 3000 on-board graphics with Aero Glass, and looked uglier than my ass after a night of drinking JW Black with it off.

Windows 8 kept creeping into my mind through all of this. I had had a great experience with Consumer Preview on my dead laptop and had heard on several outlets that it was faster than Windows 7, but I was hesitant because of all the bad press it had been getting from "tech journalists". I finally decided that switching out from 7 and into 8 was the best thing for me and I can say 100% without hesitation that it destroys Windows 7 in every single category.

It's scores faster. It looks fantastic in desktop mode. Live tiles are incredibly useful and give you quick tidbits of information and previews over a quick glance. It boots much quicker than Windows 7 or XP. It has all sorts of features and toys you can't have on Windows 7. Built-in antivirus. Update system that doesn't try to piss you off like Vista and 7's. MS Account integration opens up a plethora of goodies: free music on the Music app, Skydrive, personalized news updates catered to your tastes and interests. Revised explorer.exe and Task Manager. It also enjoys having the most bearable version of IE yet. It has the heart of Windows 7 on the desktop but with more improvements all-around even in that field.

"But why would you use a tablet OS on a desktop?" It's not a tablet OS. It can function as one, but it tackles both form factors as desktop and tablet. Metro apps are always perfectly usable with KB/M. And of course the desktop UI works well on desktops.

I can understand why some 7 users might be resistant to switching over, and that's fine, because Windows 8 is essentially still 7 with many much-needed improvements. But if you're coming from Linux or Windows XP picking 7 over 8 is just shooting yourself in the foot; you're buying a slower, featureless OS that costs more on retail.

Windows 8 is just better. Install it and become one with your computer.
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:23 am

charm bars are gay i want my fucking drop down menus though

can you change that in 8.1?
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:49 am

flammahnigga wrote:charm bars are gay i want my fucking drop down menus though

can you change that in 8.1?
dropdown menus?
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:49 am

if you mean context menus those are defenitely there for you to use on the desktop and they're also going to be made available on metro for update 1
Helen
Helen

money : 1151
bitches : -493

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next