OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iwata considering a new business structure after announcement of lowered wii u sales forecast

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

iwata considering a new business structure after announcement of lowered wii u sales forecast Empty iwata considering a new business structure after announcement of lowered wii u sales forecast

Post by mega!!!! Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:13 pm

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/17/we-are-thinking-about-a-new-business-structure-says-iwata/

dayum
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

money : 5880
bitches : 37
Humor : it's ya boi

Back to top Go down

iwata considering a new business structure after announcement of lowered wii u sales forecast Empty Re: iwata considering a new business structure after announcement of lowered wii u sales forecast

Post by admin Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:21 pm

not saying much about it though

nintendo should cut the bullshit gimmicks and make another bread-and-butter console like the GCN. u put a game in, you fuckin play that shit with an actual controller and not some weird fucked up DVD remote/plastic ipad. fuck.

the wii was so successful because it hit the casual gaymer market square in the jaw at the perfect moment, but now it's working against them and losing their core userbase. all the casuals are on smartphones now so they're just shooting themselves in the foot by trying to repeat the wii's success, unless they can come up with something that can take people away from fucking smart phones (they cant)
admin
admin
ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC

money : -420000486
bitches : -5361

Back to top Go down

iwata considering a new business structure after announcement of lowered wii u sales forecast Empty Re: iwata considering a new business structure after announcement of lowered wii u sales forecast

Post by Princess Daisy Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:44 pm

mspurinization wrote:not saying much about it though

nintendo should cut the bullshit gimmicks and make another bread-and-butter console like the GCN. u put a game in, you fuckin play that shit with an actual controller and not some weird fucked up DVD remote/plastic ipad. fuck.

the wii was so successful because it hit the casual gaymer market square in the jaw at the perfect moment, but now it's working against them and losing their core userbase. all the casuals are on smartphones now so they're just shooting themselves in the foot by trying to repeat the wii's success, unless they can come up with something that can take people away from fucking smart phones (they cant)
didn't i pretty much tell you that people want all these multimedia things before

if it just plays games it won't really attract today's gaming age with all this care for SPECS SPECS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS BLU RAY DVD TV DLC

things are different from how they were ten years ago man

but to be honest i do believe nintendo can fix this it'll just take time

people just have some bullshit tolerances though

that and these third parties (i.e ea) are fuck all lazy shits

also there's a reason why i don't post shit like this i've had enough of it when i lurk on fucking neogaf
Princess Daisy
Princess Daisy
THE IDIOT PRINCESS

money : 3638
bitches : 23
Humor : HI I'M DAISY

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Princess Daisy wrote:

didn't i pretty much tell you that people want all these multimedia things before

if it just plays games it won't really attract today's gaming age with all this care for SPECS SPECS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS BLU RAY DVD TV DLC

also there's a reason why i don't post shit like this i've had enough of it when i lurk on fucking neogaf
Nintendo sucks at multimedia bullshit. They should stick to what they're good at, which is games. MS and Sony can do it because they've been rooted in that forever. Nintendo is a game company
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Nintendo isn't appealing to the casuals on purpose though, they just haven't announced three new gritty ips

They need more advertising, high profile third party exclusives and the IP miyamoto's working on to be some gay gritty shit, after that both of its competitors will be fucked considering one of them is already failing and facing being spun off after which it will immediately run out of funds and the other is owned by a company that won't even exist for round 9 and has two dev groups, its company and lolishit companies that couldn't get away with it on Nintendo

The sad thing is Nintendo didn't even fuck up that much and look where it got them, their main flaw was assuming kids still play anything but fps, pokemon and Mario and the last two arent so true anymore

No really besides the occasional Sony exclusive like little big planet that's all kids fucking play, I swear to god 7th-8th gen will cause the crash as fps become the new pong, all the major devs eat each other up and the indies find refuge in le pee see
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

money : 6040
bitches : -2475
Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Daisy Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:25 pm

mspurinization wrote:
Princess Daisy wrote:

Nintendo sucks at multimedia bullshit. They should stick to what they're good at, which is games. MS and Sony can do it because they've been rooted in that forever. Nintendo is a game company
well yeah

but people want nintendo to do this kinda shit because if they don't they're instantly classified as outdated and cavemen and the lot

it's a sad time for the gaming industry today

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:Nintendo isn't appealing to the casuals on purpose though, they just haven't announced three new gritty ips

They need more advertising, high profile third party exclusives and the IP miyamoto's working on to be some gay gritty shit, after that both of its competitors will be fucked considering one of them is already failing and facing being spun off after which it will immediately run out of funds and the other is owned by a company that won't even exist for round 9 and has two dev groups, its company and lolishit companies that couldn't get away with it on Nintendo

The sad thing is Nintendo didn't even fuck up that much and look where it got them, their main flaw was assuming kids still play anything but fps, pokemon and Mario and the last two arent so true anymore

No really besides the occasional Sony exclusive like little big planet that's all kids fucking play, I swear to god 7th-8th gen will cause the crash as fps become the new pong, all the major devs eat each other up and the indies find refuge in le pee see

well the advertising thing is obvious really and who ever is the head of the marketing department really has to rethink his/her head through

again third parties are very lazy when it comes to the gamepad for making ideas and shit

miyamoto-san's been thinking about an fps game for a while now, but i wouldn't really be one to think he'd make a gritty and 2edgy type of game

tp gritty maybe, but nowhere near battlefield or counter strike gritty

if anything, i don't think gritty type games would do so well in asian countries

take a look at china, they've been considering not allowing violent games there at all

and i'm not quite sure that a second crash will be in order, but a storm's a-brewing and it just may hit hard
Princess Daisy
Princess Daisy
THE IDIOT PRINCESS

money : 3638
bitches : 23
Humor : HI I'M DAISY

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:32 pm

*cue sony fan post*

i think nintendo's hardware does a good job bringing multimedia, at least digitally. they've had that established with the wii u and 3ds for quite some time. and really, it does work pretty fucking well for them, so that isn't really the problem. and classic sonic don't kid yourself, graphical capabilities and specs were always a big thing between gaymurrs (the 68Ks clock speed in the genesis, the snes mode 7, etc) and that fact is it isn't going away. sadly, wii u is very comparable to the tg-16's situation. you've got this system, which comes out earlier than the competition (though in all fairness the tg-16 was released a few days or so after the genesis in NA.) it got some good games at launch, all seeming decent or even high in quality. it seems all impressive until the competitor's big guns were brought out later (this being sony and ms' consoles these days). on top of that, the hardware is supposedly harder to program games for compared to the competition. eventually, you have third parties jumping ship due to the more popular competitors, on top of the programming hassle. thus, the system relies on a heavy stream of first party titles just to stay alive and never gains as much of a stronghold as the competition did.

i know it's a wall of text, but that's just how i see it. nintendo needs to shape up, it's clear that they need to actually try and show the public what they're made of. people still know what nintendo is, and they and the third party developers are willing to give them a chance. but only if they actually try a no-bullshit and capable console next time. THIS is what i want to see out of them.
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:37 pm

I think nintendum needs to downplay the tablet controller and have it as a side gimmik like da kineXXX no matter how fucking comfy it is, people want the pro controller and nintendum already has one so they don't have to work on another

actually golladoode, battleFEEL and geeteeyayfaiv all do well on the moon

and yes it will be a second (third if you count 1977) crash, all the fucking pointers are there sonic.

maximum gritty is the only thing that can save the wii u in the eyes of the faggots who bought 4 million ps4s despite no fucking games for 2013 or 2014, this is a fact, nintendo has a huge war chest of money so they should use it to bait more third parties into exclusivity for them because after this gen if they play their cards right the only thing they have to worry about is pc which is hardly in the same market and apple which I think is scared off of consoles for good after the pippin. I don't think any other company at all has the funds to go into the console arena except a fuckhuge dev like sega or bandai namco but bandai namco doesn't know what they're doing any more, when was the last time they even put out a non-tales game? shit nigga i can't even remember any non-tales ips. let me check gamefaqs
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:40 pm

a crash needs to happen.

the problem is now it's 'too big to fail'
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:40 pm

yeah i was right all the shit they do is gay anime games and tales

also remember the diminishing returns on graphics, i think current pc is as good as it's ever going to get. the only way graphics can improve now is less jaggies and better textures
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:44 pm

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:i think current pc is as good as it's ever going to get. the only way graphics can improve now is less jaggies and better textures
haha thats what they thought back in 2000 when the PS2 was as bitchin as it got
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:46 pm

mspurinization wrote:a crash needs to happen.

the problem is now it's 'too big to fail'
let's see what caused the 1977 crash, it was the clash between the shite pong consoles and the atari 2600/fairchild channel f aka the first gen transition which was obviously bumpy so it may seem like a fluke, however pong was winning until the vcs came out with space invaders in like 1980 and if it weren't for that we'd probably still be playing pong on oculus rift

1983? the invention of the third party, the fact all their games were overpriced gayshit and the fact multiple blockbusters flopped and atari had kind of disappeared. sony went into damage control mode on the ps3 which is why it has so many good first party games but sony doesn't have any more money to go into damage control mode, that's why they haven't even fucking announced anything for ps4 yet. the loli devs can't keep a whole console afloat and they're all probably going to split in between pc and nintendo depending on how loli they are, it looks like this is repeating itself again. another factor was that pcs did other shit and were better at gaming anyways (!!!!!!!!!!!) so that left only nintendo who made mad cash as soon as they saw an opening. literally all the conditions for both known crash scenarios are playing out it's going to be a fucking double crash and we've learned by now crashes are glorious
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:47 pm

mspurinization wrote:
Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:i think current pc is as good as it's ever going to get. the only way graphics can improve now is less jaggies and better textures
no, pcs were ahead by then as evidenced by xbox being what equates to an htpc with a shitty os

also dreamcast had better graphics to begin with
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:
mspurinization wrote:
no, pcs were ahead by then as evidenced by xbox being what equates to an htpc with a shitty os

also dreamcast had better graphics to begin with
im just giving the PS2 as an example
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 pm

but the law of diminishing returns is a fact

do i have to use the face made out of triangles picture to make my point
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:but the law of diminishing returns is a fact

do i have to use the face made out of triangles picture to make my point
go for it
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:55 pm

https://i.imgur.com/ChsSwUE.png
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:https://i.imgur.com/ChsSwUE.png
interesting

the thing is that the big video game companies now are BIG. atari was the king of the hill for a while but they were still a relatively small company riding the wave of the whole video game fad. EA alone is probably a thousand times their size

a video game crash can happen but i doubt all the companies will go down at once, a few will probably take the seats
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:00 pm

i don't see another na video game crash really being needed. besides, that was more towards the low quality of the games rather than what the actual problem is now. it's the fucking $250 million game budgets that need to sell millions of said game just to break even. many major publishers who publish "aaa massive budget gaymz" are definitely gonna fall apart this gen on their own anyway, and probably many of the development teams owned by said major publishers will get sold off to smaller ones that can actually not have overblown fucking budgets assigned to games and still publish a decent one. at least i could hope that.
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:https://i.imgur.com/ChsSwUE.png
someone made a retort to this about how it's bullshit -- the mesh is just being subdivided without adding any extra detail and a real mesh (look at sculpted meshes in zbrush; some of them have a BILLION polygons) with that kind of polycount would have considerably more detail
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:15 pm

good example here:

iwata considering a new business structure after announcement of lowered wii u sales forecast HD-Geo-example
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:17 pm

gary oaky wrote:good example here:

iwata considering a new business structure after announcement of lowered wii u sales forecast HD-Geo-example

hoooooooooooooooooooooly shit
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:18 pm

that's 6k polygons? boolshit
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:19 pm

mrspurinization wrote:

where does it say that?
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:21 pm

mega!!!! wrote:
mrspurinization wrote:

where does it say that?
hes giving it as an example
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum