OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

boring monologue edited

3 posters

Go down

boring monologue edited Empty boring monologue edited

Post by Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:01 am

here's the edited version of https://otrecliner.forumotion.com/t5181-that-story-i-wrote
i got 2 points less that 100% on it. course that means nothing so read it

I turned around, he was standing right behind me. I must've lost focus for a second and hadn't heard him approach. The view here is pretty and it's easy to lose yourself in the clouds, especially in the evening.

He probably realized he startled me because he cut off what he was saying mid-sentence and stepped back a bit. Then he was talking, saying something about our schedule and how we couldn't stare at sunsets all day. I nodded and agreed; my mind was elsewhere and the hall was lit so beautifully. When the sun shone through the stained glass windows columns of quartz were lit up with a specific theme of colors depending on the season. It was what was considered “summer” there so the colors were deep orange and red like the sunset.

He turned on his heel and started toward the entrance arch. That was the signal for me to follow, and I did, while brushing a hair out of my eye and thinking about how much my mind was wandering. Quickly I realized thinking about a lack of focus was a self-defeating line of thought so I focused myself by going over the day's agenda again in my head. We'd just met with the Head of Affairs here and were headed now to the next place, a station opening a ways off on the other side, a new university. Students from all over would live there while studying nearly anything- of course its astronomy laboratories and research facilities were said to be quite extensive, after all it is a station. After that a checkup on the affairs of the council, review of current events and the traditional ceremony of decompressing a relay transfer from Terra and surrounding Sol. I'm still not quite sure what Grandmother was thinking when she made up a ceremony for opening a communications package, but at least she had done a fine job speeding the process up to make it worthwhile. Knowing her it was probably instated to remind us of our distance from our ancestral stomping grounds and the miracles that must happen every moment for that package to arrive here without taking a few hundred years both ways. It's the sort of reason any good empress would use to justify it, even one who detested the title.

I stepped onto the landing pad as the shuttle primed its engines, sending a blast of hot air at my ankles. I closed my eyes for a second so they didn't dry out from the heat, out of habit. As always, I was able to make my way over to the hatch on the shuttle with my eyes shut without running into the oscillating engines on the rear of the craft or otherwise. This is my personal shuttle; I ought to know where the hatch is. But apparently I didn't because my nose suddenly bounced off the hatch frame and I realized how silly it probably looked to be walking all the way to the hatch with my eyes closed when I only needed them shut when I passed the engines. I rubbed my nose, a bit taken aback, and stepped inside to him waiting for me.

Nobody was at the controls. This was normal, Jeffery took care of everything. (No, not my friend who snapped me out of the daze back in the hall, he had gone to read something in the mini-lounge.) He even got me my drink every time I stepped on board and refilled it from the time before and kept it cold if I didn't finish it. This time I told him I'd drink it later and that I wanted to think for now. The drink is a mental stimulant and would make me want to call someone and talk about farming or mining or something. Right now I just wanted to sit in my cabin and play with Tiktik.

Tiktik was cheery as ever, very cuddly today too. I giggled as he tried climbing my leg and fell over, his little legs squirming. I picked him up and held him at arm's length so his antennae could sweep over my face and hair to recognize me, which he did only after a second and cooed. Then I set him rightside-up so he could climb around my shoulders and whatnot while I got him his calcium supplements and a bit of augite that he always liked with his meal for some reason. I took note that we probably needed to stop by the mines when we got back home (we were running low again) and gave Tiktik his meal. He dropped off my shoulders and quickly crawled under the couch, where he could eat in peace, as his kind always preferred.

I sat down in one of the chairs and looked out the window. We were up above the clouds by now and we probably had about ten minutes before we made it back to the ship and I would have to go talk to people. I flipped out my pocket mirror and immediately noticed my lipstick was a bit faded so I re-applied, then put that all back in my pocket. My scarf was too tight, so I adjusted it. My belt was lopsided so I fixed that too. Then I stopped moving entirely and listened to the silence. After a moment I could hear my own heart beating, thunk thunk, thunk thunk, somewhere in my chest. Then a small hiss as the temperature adjusted somewhere in this suit. I suddenly remembered I had written something on my wrist in ink earlier, but had forgotten what. I uncuffed my sleeve and pulled it back, to the words THINK BIG written on there. I had no idea why I had wrote it. One of those early-morning musings no doubt.

I saw the ship out the window and remembered my drink, and called for Jeffery.

Last edited by spinnythings on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

boring monologue edited Empty Re: boring monologue edited

Post by amsl8er Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 am

tl;dr wwww
amsl8er
amsl8er

money : 682
bitches : 5

Back to top Go down

boring monologue edited Empty Re: boring monologue edited

Post by amsl8er Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 am

ill read it later promise