OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate Ubuntu. I immediately lose respect for anyone who runs it, and especially those who advocate it. Here’s why:

2 posters

Go down

I hate Ubuntu. I immediately lose respect for anyone who runs it, and especially those who advocate it. Here’s why: Empty I hate Ubuntu. I immediately lose respect for anyone who runs it, and especially those who advocate it. Here’s why:

Post by admin Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Name 20 features, release-for-release or year-for-year that have not come from Redhat. Redhat basically runs the show when it comes to Linux. This includes things like NetworkManager, Gnome, Xorg, GCC, glibc, LVM, KVM, kernel, file systems et al. Redhat has developers making significant contributions to the entire FOSS software stack upstream.

Ubuntu on the other hand pulls most of the heavy weight packaging from Debian with each release. They then perform minor patching and testing. It generally lags behind Fedora by a release or two in parts of the software stack. I never see @ubuntu or @cannocial email addresses in upstream changelogs.

So tell me again, how exactly does Ubuntu innovate? They even struggle to release a new theme with each release, and artwork is about the only original thing in Ubuntu.

Yes, Ubuntu is stable because they are standing on the shoulders of giants. Most of the hard work is hashed out before they ever import software into their repositories. This is fine, and what FOSS is all about, but I prefer to be in with the leaders rather than the followers.

What really irks me and what has really brewed my hatred are Ubuntu users. They seem to think Ubuntu is responsible for all that is good in the FOSS world. I have just proven how false this is. In my experience, Ubuntu support mechanisms (IRC, mailing lists, forums) are much less helpful than the alternative.

If you want a nice desktop distro, run Fedora or OpenSUSE. If you like control, run Gentoo. If you need stability, run RHEL/CentOS or Debian. But please, don’t feed the idiot magnet that is Ubuntu!
admin
admin
ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC

money : -420000486
bitches : -5361

Back to top Go down

I hate Ubuntu. I immediately lose respect for anyone who runs it, and especially those who advocate it. Here’s why: Empty Re: I hate Ubuntu. I immediately lose respect for anyone who runs it, and especially those who advocate it. Here’s why:

Post by alyaza Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

hooray more delicious copypasta
alyaza
alyaza
wizard

money : 18317
bitches : -944
Humor : praise be to the all powerful appaloosa horse

http://otrepository.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I hate Ubuntu. I immediately lose respect for anyone who runs it, and especially those who advocate it. Here’s why: Empty Re: I hate Ubuntu. I immediately lose respect for anyone who runs it, and especially those who advocate it. Here’s why:

Post by admin Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:27 pm

appaloosa horse wrote:hooray more delicious copypasta
anti-ubuntu copypasta is the best kind because there are so many reasons to hate it and ubuntu users are the bronies of the loonix community (ALALALAA I CANT HEAR YOU UBUNTU IS EASY TO USE ENJOY YOUR 100% COMMAND LINE INTERFACE BAW) so it usually gets a good reaction
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:58 pm

tangy wrote:
anti-ubuntu copypasta is the best kind because there are so many reasons to hate it and ubuntu users are the bronies of the loonix community (ALALALAA I CANT HEAR YOU UBUNTU IS EASY TO USE ENJOY YOUR 100% COMMAND LINE INTERFACE BAW) so it usually gets a good reaction
i still find it funny how my dad's big government-funded corporation uses ubuntu as their primary op system

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm

spinnythings wrote:
tangy wrote:
i still find it funny how my dad's big government-funded corporation uses ubuntu as their primary op system
your dad's big government-funded corporation uses ubuntu to try and appear tech savy and progressive

it's pants on fucking head retarded to use anything except for opensuse, RHEL or wangblows as the OS for a corporation unless you guys are making the income of a homeless person
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:13 pm

tangy wrote:
spinnythings wrote:
tangy wrote:
your dad's big government-funded corporation uses ubuntu to try and appear tech savy and progressive

it's pants on fucking head retarded to use anything except for opensuse, RHEL or wangblows as the OS for a corporation unless you guys are making the income of a homeless person
he's a database programmer or some shit

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm

spinnythings wrote:
tangy wrote:
spinnythings wrote:
tangy wrote:

he's a database programmer or some shit
if he were a respectable 'database programmer' he'd be using arch linux and doing everything using coreutils on a TTY to look l33t and hope some of his buddies see him typing 'sudo pacman -Syu' and comment on his hardc0re skills
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum