OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the rage of fighting games

3 posters

Go down

the rage of fighting games Empty the rage of fighting games

Post by chill the fuck out Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:25 pm

fighting games are good [until you make one, or at least a character for one]
that said, while it is enjoyable to press 15 consecutive button patterns to deplete whatever sonnabitch oposing you's health by 4%, it is no less than an OUTRAGE that hardly any of them are ported to pc
mor at least any of the good ones [mortal kombat, soul calibur, etc.], i mean the best you can get is an emulator to play the ol arcadey versions but dam modern games !!!
seriously
i heard about a tekken game being ported but no one gives a shit about tekken, also the kinda iconic/main character is just some emo dude who can get horns and wings when he gets arngy

an argument i hear many on this topic "BUT D'CONTROOOLS, YOU CAN MAKE A BOOM FRZZAZLE TO DITCH ON THAT BIG FLAT PLANEY THING, YOU NEED A HUNK OF PORTABLE PLASTIC WITH DIFFERENT PLACED BUTTONS TO HELP YOU MOVE N GROOVE"
and well
this is a valid argument
BUT
also invalid
valid because, well, it would indeed be easier with a hunk of colored portable plastic and feel more "naturale"
invalid because; i mean with the 40 shitsomething buttons on every ps controller only like 15 are used in an actual game,
not to mention that you can HOOK UP PS CONTROLLERS TO YOUR COMPUTER AND PLAY SHIT THAT WAY
oh yes, strong counterargument
i mean the control scheme could be simple
arrow keys to move, zxcs for attack types, a and d for striking and blocking, and with enough deal with the depth physics, you wouldn't have to move like 500 miles to turn 20 degrees

so why
why fighting-game-genre
why have you forsaken us pc overlords
have we displeased you

then, in a flash of golden-green light, came before us a prophet, clad in blue and yellow-gold
he speaks to us
"this, i give you, will enable you to create hundreds of fighting characters, stages, and games with ease, and many people will do so. though, it is trapped in the second dimension. and will be ever so."
this prophet gives us the mugen engine

slowly descending from the heavens, a man dressed in hipster attire, another prophet, presents his gift
"this i am giving, much like the gift of the other dude, will enable you to create many of the same, though not with ease, and no one will give a shit. it is presented and remains in the third dimention"
this prophet gives us EF-12

and they are gone in a frame
chill the fuck out
chill the fuck out

money : 2507
bitches : 13
Humor : "sometimes i forget" - mac

Back to top Go down

the rage of fighting games Empty Re: the rage of fighting games

Post by link63 Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:29 pm

I'd Say Heihachi, King, or Kuma is more iconic of Tekken than Jin
link63
link63
STREET FUCKER

money : 1253
bitches : -479
Location : Off the grid and away from those zionist nazi jew motherfuckers like obama.
Humor : FORROW THA SAHN ! CATCHI THA SAHN !

http://www.ilikepie.org

Back to top Go down

Post by chill the fuck out Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:31 pm

link63 wrote:I'd Say Heihachi, King, or Kuma is more iconic of Tekken than Jin
eh
jins the only reason i know about tekken
wasnt there some character named paul who was like an american stereotype or something
chill the fuck out
chill the fuck out

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:32 pm

pretty much all of the seriously competitive fighting games go to PC because online

The thing about games like Mortal Kombat is it's sort of junkfood. Want to beat someone's ass and pull off some gory fatality? great, but it's not a very balanced game with any sort of subtle nuance like SF or the others

the only FG i can think of that's played at a serious competitive level that isn't on PC is SSB but it's nintendo, what do you expect?

consoles suck for online so they're a better place to start with games like MK
admin
admin
ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC

money : -420000486
bitches : -5361

Back to top Go down

Post by link63 Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:43 pm

notorious ams wrote:pretty much all of the seriously competitive fighting games go to PC because online

The thing about games like Mortal Kombat is it's sort of junkfood. Want to beat someone's ass and pull off some gory fatality? great, but it's not a very balanced game with any sort of subtle nuance like SF or the others

the only FG i can think of that's played at a serious competitive level that isn't on PC is SSB but it's nintendo, what do you expect?

that and pc's probably have less input lag and stuff compared to consoles
link63
link63
STREET FUCKER

money : 1253
bitches : -479
Location : Off the grid and away from those zionist nazi jew motherfuckers like obama.
Humor : FORROW THA SAHN ! CATCHI THA SAHN !

http://www.ilikepie.org

Back to top Go down

Post by chill the fuck out Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:01 pm

notorious ams wrote:pretty much all of the seriously competitive fighting games go to PC because online

point taken, but half the time pc ports aren't even about online play
taking in how fighting games are mostly played competitively, it still wouldnt be hard to have local matches if they couldnt have it online anyways, and without the competitivety, theres fighting games with beat-em-up-ish style, and, holy shit, stories sometimes
i mean theres the crossover games like MvC and DCvsMK which are like ssb [you know-- the whole crossover-party feel thing to it] without pc ports, and no online play from what i hear [tbh 80% things im saying are unfounded] and only for consoles, and they were pretty successful
my point for the pc port isnt just for online play, but for the audience and accessibility [that and the ability to mod shit to high hell], if you can start a game with success on consoles, then putting it on pc would boost it, too
lol fuck i really wanna play soul cal
my copy of the second one dont work no mo
chill the fuck out
chill the fuck out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down