OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NET NEUTRALITY

5 posters

Go down

NET NEUTRALITY Empty NET NEUTRALITY

Post by admin Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:57 am

what does this even mean
admin
admin
ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC

money : -420000486
bitches : -5361

Back to top Go down

NET NEUTRALITY Empty Re: NET NEUTRALITY

Post by alyaza Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:50 am

fuck if i know
alyaza
alyaza
wizard

money : 18317
bitches : -944
Humor : praise be to the all powerful appaloosa horse

http://otrepository.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:06 pm

I need to take a moment to explain why your internet service provider just stuck a shotgun up your anus and is laughing about it all the way to the bank.

Net Neutrality is (was) an FCC rule that required all internet service providers (ISPs: Comcast, Verizon, Time Warner, etc) to give equal billing to all sites on the world wide web. That means that if you were watching Netflix in one tab and browsing your friend's business' site in another, your ISP couldn't decide which site was more "important" and influence which one could load faster. As far as the FCC was concerned, all websites were created equal and they all deserve equal bandwidth getting to your computer. This was a good thing for small businesses and start-ups, as well as consumers using products made/owned by one ISP through the connection of another ISP.

Verizon, with their tiny dick in one hand and their customers' throats in the other, decided to take the FCC to court, claiming that because they carry the internet on THEIR series of tubes, they have the right to choose what you can and cannot view through those tubes. Apparently having a laughably slow fiber optic network at an unjustifiably high price didn't constitute enough cliche corporate evil for them to jerk off to, so they had to find another way to fuck their customer and prove - yet again - that deregulation only saves the corporate world from "big bad government" and does nothing good for the consumer. The Washington Court of Appeals, in a ruling so ignorant to the realities of modern technology that it might as well have been written by the Windows Network Connection Wizard, AGREED with Verizon and ruled that Net Neutrality cannot exist.

What does this mean for you?

If Comcast doesn't like the fact that you cancelled their cable service because Netflix was cheaper and more convenient, they can block netflix.com from getting to your house. THAT IS NOW LEGAL.

If Verizon doesn't like the fact that you're streaming the Olympics through NBC.com - a Comcast owned company - on their fiber network, they can slow it down enough that you won't be able to. THAT IS ALSO NOW LEGAL.

Think about how absurd that is! That would be like the governor of a state deciding that he doesn't like your town just because its voters favor the other party, so he closes down one of the bridges and stops the people from getting to work. JUST THINK ABOUT HOW FUCKING CRAZY IT WOULD BE IF SOMETHING LIKE THAT WERE TO EVER HAPPEN.

Completely hypothetical and unrealistic analogies aside, this is a TERRIBLE ruling for ANYONE in the United States who uses the internet. Most people already live under local monopolies (Baltimore) or in areas where their infrastructure is a full decade behind modern technology. These cases exist because we allow ISPs to prosper without any competition and with near universal control of our communication devices and services. This ruling gives these companies even more power over your ability to access services that you take for granted as fair and available to all.

The solution? Simple: more government oversight and more government owned infrastructure. The internet is no longer a luxury that should be available to those willing to bend over and enjoy a royal buttfucking from whatever ISP bought out their local government. It is a NECESSITY for modern communication, business, and economic development. It's time that a TRUE broadband fiber network is laid down by either your state or federal government, in much the same way that the interstate highway system exists as an egalitarian means of physical transport, subject only to minimal local restrictions but largely available to EVERYONE with a vehicle. There are numerous other countries who enjoy this service, and it goes without question that their ability to use the internet as a form of commerce is unhindered by someone else's bottom line. Broadband fiber optic networks are the future and the United States needs to make it a national priority to ensure open access in every corner of the land.

This is how you foster a free and equal society through technology. Net Neutrality was the backbone of a free and equal internet, and today corporations took that freedom from you.
Helen
Helen

money : 1151
bitches : -493

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:16 pm

NET NEUTRALITY Net-neutrality-thumb-550xauto-274191
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 pm

gary oaky wrote:NET NEUTRALITY Net-neutrality-thumb-550xauto-274191
i saw this image a coupole months ago it's fake
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:23 pm

it's an example created by someone, not meant to be legitimate

but it definitely looks real
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:12 pm

gary oaky wrote:
holy fucking motherfuck

65 dollars a month for 1.5g, 70 for 3.5g, 75 for 5.5g, holy shit I'd be spending like 80 dollars a month and that's not even on months I decide to download steemgaemz

i'm scared i don't want to imagine a world like this ;_;

ammy take us with you to glorious canada
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

money : 6040
bitches : -2475
Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:
gary oaky wrote:[
holy fucking motherfuck

65 dollars a month for 1.5g, 70 for 3.5g, 75 for 5.5g, holy shit I'd be spending like 80 dollars a month and that's not even on months I decide to download steemgaemz

i'm scared i don't want to imagine a world like this ;_;

ammy take us with you to glorious canada
"hideipusasecure"

your IP ban expired on christmas
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:19 pm

fd neglects to read anything and just hops in on the bandwagon

'net neutrality' has nothing to do with the isp charging you for bandwidth buddy its about censoring/restricting content selectively
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:07 pm

it clearly says five dollar recharge
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:08 pm

mspurinization wrote:
gary oaky wrote:img
i saw this image a coupole months ago it's fake

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:54 pm

thats how it is in some places though
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:55 pm

even american oaky would be fine with some socialized internet - it's an important service and i would rather pay for some taxed shit than $900/mb service without dat net neutrality
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:04 pm

you don't actually think 128kbps is usable do you
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down