OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

linus torvalds tries out KDE

Go down

linus torvalds tries out KDE Empty linus torvalds tries out KDE

Post by tangy2 Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:52 pm

not gonna bother to post a link because it takes 20 years to load due to 9999999999999999999999 people commenting

I'm trying out KDE after a long absense.

It still looks a bit too cartoony, and the default widget/plasmoid behavior with mouse-over pretty much immediately showing the controls for it annoys the hell of me. You can lock the widgets down and they calm down and act normal, but it's some really odd and distracting default behavior.

But ah, the ability to configure things. And I have wobbly windows again.

I do understand why some gnome people think that KDE may have gone a bit overboard on the configuration ability, though. Because some of the "you can configure everything" things are just odd.

Like being able to rotate those desktop widgets any which way you want. "I wonder what that odd rotation thing on the widget control bar does? Whee - trippy".

As a result, right now my terminal and web browser buttons look like a drunken fratboy has been messing with my desktop. I suspect I'll turn them back to their boring upright position (because that's how I roll - boring), but for now I'm mildly amused by the sheer whimsicality of it all.
tangy2
tangy2

money : 874
bitches : 10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum