OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suckless sucks and cat-v's dictionary of all things harmful

2 posters

Go down

suckless sucks and cat-v's dictionary of all things harmful Empty suckless sucks and cat-v's dictionary of all things harmful

Post by amsoautisticd8er Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:08 pm

http://suckless.org/sucks
http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/

thoughts
amsoautisticd8er
amsoautisticd8er

money : 3394
bitches : 24

Back to top Go down

suckless sucks and cat-v's dictionary of all things harmful Empty Re: suckless sucks and cat-v's dictionary of all things harmful

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:13 pm

i read through cat-v's software shit a while back
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

suckless sucks and cat-v's dictionary of all things harmful Empty Re: suckless sucks and cat-v's dictionary of all things harmful

Post by amsoautisticd8er Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:16 pm

ozzie freedom wrote:i read through cat-v's software shit a while back
suckless software is good and simple but im simply not autistic enough to use dwm and surf and whatever

the 'unix philosophy' was conceived back when supercomputers had 8MB of RAM and 10MHz processors, it made more sense then. our computers have gotten so powerful so fast that completely adhereing to the 'unix philosophy' just doesnt utilize the power we have at our hands

Last edited by amsogator on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
amsoautisticd8er
amsoautisticd8er

Back to top Go down

Post by amsoautisticd8er Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:17 pm

dwm blows though i tried it for a while and its keybindings are fucking bullshit

tiling window managers can fuck off, if i wanted to use a WM-only environment i'd just use openbox
amsoautisticd8er
amsoautisticd8er

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm

go is shit and anyone who disagrees with my opinion is wrong

i don't see why anyone would want to use it
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by amsoautisticd8er Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:23 pm

oh come on

ALSA as harmful with OSS4 as a better replacement

i used OSS4 when i was on OpenBSD and it was fucking dumb

like, setting volume on ALSA: amixer set Master 75%, or even, "amixer set Master +5%"

on OSS4 it's something like

auctl outputs.master=75,75, there's no way to increase volume by increments so if you wanted to raise by 5% you have to auctl outputs.master=80,80 (also getting device names is a bitch)

i dont care about "waah simplicity and bloat", if you wanna save 5MB of RAM you probably shouldmt have a sound system in the first place and listen to music directly from your sound card from an audio CD like a real man
amsoautisticd8er
amsoautisticd8er

Back to top Go down

Post by amsoautisticd8er Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:23 pm

ozzie freedom wrote:go is shit and anyone who disagrees with my opinion is wrong

i don't see why anyone would want to use it
i've seen it used nowhere bar hobbyists on github
amsoautisticd8er
amsoautisticd8er

Back to top Go down

Post by amsoautisticd8er Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:33 pm

amsogator wrote:oh come on

like, setting volume on ALSA: amixer set Master 75%, or even, "amixer set Master +5%"

auctl outputs.master=75,75, there's no way to increase volume by increments so if you wanted to raise by 5% you have to auctl outputs.master=80,80 (also getting device names is a bitch)

i dont care about "waah simplicity and bloat", if you wanna save 5MB of RAM you probably shouldmt have a sound system in the first place and listen to music directly from your sound card from an audio CD like a real man
back in the old days you could do this pretty easily

your computer could be hanging and thrashing and the music would still play without a problem
amsoautisticd8er
amsoautisticd8er

Back to top Go down

Post by amsoautisticd8er Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:32 pm

amsogator wrote:
amsogator wrote:oh come on

back in the old days you could do this pretty easily

your computer could be hanging and thrashing and the music would still play without a problem
it only works on old fucking computers now

like the ones that had knobs and sound dials
amsoautisticd8er
amsoautisticd8er

Back to top Go down

Post by amsoautisticd8er Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:01 pm

and how the fuck is nano harmful

nano reeks of simplicity
amsoautisticd8er
amsoautisticd8er

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum