OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

open source

2 posters

Go down

open source Empty open source

Post by nerd annihilater Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:39 pm

if you released the source to your software but put it under a restrictive licesnse would it be "open source"

this is why i like "free software" better it reeks of that zealous "live free or die" stallman philosophy
nerd annihilater
nerd annihilater

money : 1091
bitches : 45
Humor : Cupertino enclave dies out in less than 60 years because they keep sucking cock

Back to top Go down

open source Empty Re: open source

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:43 pm

the source code can be stolen and then you can claim a chinese wall reverse engineer

if the code is open source but you have a proprietary or restrictive license then i'm sure you won't do well in court

it's like letting random strangers from all around the world into your house for free while you go out on vacation but giving them a set of rules you expect them to read and follow
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by nerd annihilater Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:05 pm

ozzie freedom wrote:the source code can be stolen and then you can claim a chinese wall reverse engineer

if the code is open source but you have a proprietary or restrictive license then i'm sure you won't do well in court

it's like letting random strangers from all around the world into your house for free while you go out on vacation but giving them a set of rules you expect them to read and follow
it actually happens all the time

the wifi firmware driver for my laptop has source code available that you are free to view and compile and whatever but it's under a liscense that boils down to 'no deratives' so it can't be included in the linux kernel
nerd annihilater
nerd annihilater

money : 1091
bitches : 45
Humor : Cupertino enclave dies out in less than 60 years because they keep sucking cock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum