OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well this'll be a doozy

5 posters

Go down

well this'll be a doozy Empty well this'll be a doozy

Post by Princess Daisy Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:12 pm

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/03/13/wii-u-sales-outpacing-playstation-4as-in-japan

It only took a little over three months for PlayStation 4 to surpass Wii U’s global sales. Indeed, PlayStation 4 is still selling like gangbusters. But in Sony’s home country of Japan, PlayStation 4 isn't performing like some suspected it would.
ADVERTISEMENT

Each week, a Japanese organization known as Media Create releases sales charts that chronicle how each and every game and piece of hardware sold in the country. The numbers go back years and years, and offer a fascinating illustration of the ebbs and flows of the Japanese gaming industry, one that’s clearly very much in decline.

...Nintendo’s Wii U is steadily outpacing Sony’s PlayStation 4...
Indeed, if you examine Media Create reports for both PlayStation 4 and Wii U, you realize that, surprisingly, Nintendo’s Wii U is steadily outpacing Sony’s PlayStation 4 through their first three respective weeks.
Wii U launched in its home country after it already came out in the west, and its Japanese reception started strong and quickly declined. You can see the first three weeks in the grid below. (Wii U came out on December 8, 2012 in Japan; its first week is therefore only represented for two days.)
Week Dates Sales
Week 1 December 3-9, 2012 308,142
Week 2 December 10-16, 2012 126,916
Week 3 December 17-23, 2012 122,843
PlayStation 4 also launched in Japan after being released elsewhere in the world, and it saw a strong start (far better than PS3's) followed by a steep decline. The grid below shows how it performed. (PlayStation 4 came out on February 22, 2014 in Japan; its first week is therefore only represented for two days, identical to Wii U.)
Week Dates Sales
Week 1 February 17-23, 2014 309,104
Week 2 February 24-March 02, 2014 65,685
Week 3 March 03-09, 2014 35,294
What do these numbers tell us? It’s hard to say. Wii U suffered virtually no supply constraints in Japan. On the other hand, there are mixed reports when it comes to PlayStation 4. PS4 remains heavily supply constrained in the west months after its release, and may be suffering from a similar issue in Japan. Still, the decline in sales seems to indicate that that’s not the only problem.
Two bigger issues seem to be at the center of PS4’s soft Japanese sales. The first issue is the overall decline of the traditional console market in Japan. Indeed, even the handheld market – once a massive pillar of Japan’s gaming tastes – is taking a back seat to smart phones, with 3DS lagging behind DS’ performance, and Vita nowhere in the same hemisphere as PSP as far as sales are concerned.

Two bigger issues seem to be at the center of PS4’s soft Japanese sales.
The second problem is a lack of games, especially a lack of exclusive games. The biggest Japanese launch title for PlayStation 4 was Yakuza: Ishin, but it came out on PlayStation 3 the same day, and the PS3 version sold far better. Japan Studio’s Knack was a big hit for PS4, but don’t be deceived: it came with each and every launch PS4 sold.
Will PlayStation 4 rebound? Almost certainly. But its success is likely to be relative to the health of the traditional gaming market in Japan. We'll keep a close eye on how things develop moving forward.
Princess Daisy
Princess Daisy
THE IDIOT PRINCESS

money : 3638
bitches : 23
Humor : HI I'M DAISY

Back to top Go down

well this'll be a doozy Empty Re: well this'll be a doozy

Post by SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14 Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:15 pm

niiiiiiippppooooon
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14

money : 1020
bitches : -1931
Humor : ammy rustles my jimmies

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:18 pm

old as shit makes me happy too  le sagan 

all the kids on /v/ were saying ps4 would crush even more when it came to its homeland, le feelio when nobody even cares about the ps4 until it has some good japanese games (never unless namco bandai makes a killer tales game or sega makes an exclusive for whatever reason)

i think console gaming as a whole is just dying meng. people bought the latest cod boxes despite nogaemz and the mario box with actual games got tossed aside, showing that people don't even buy them for games any more. guess its handhelds from here on out
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

money : 6040
bitches : -2475
Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14 Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:29 pm

i remember when the sega cd sold out the wii u  liberal arts degree liberal arts degree liberal arts degree 
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:36 pm

"umm but it's out of stock you guys!!!! ;_;" hahhhhahahhahahaha bet nobody buys a ps4 from 2016 onwards. NOBODY
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:23 pm

yeah it makes sense considering the country has changed a lot regarding vidjers over the past four years. handhelds have shown higher demand over there than pretty much any region. the wii u also managed to have a monster hunter game and a tekken game at the japanese launch, where as the ps4 has nothing like that yet.
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

money : 5880
bitches : 37
Humor : it's ya boi

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:36 pm

mega!!!! wrote:yeah it makes sense considering the country has changed a lot regarding vidjers over the past four years. handhelds have shown higher demand over there than pretty much any region. the wii u also managed to have a monster hunter game and a tekken game at the japanese launch, where as the ps4 has nothing like that yet.
when sony went out to the launch pad without any japanese games i was like "whaaaat" that's gonna hurt them in the long run japan isn't above petty nationalist grudges
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:51 pm

kkkRISTYAN FOOLE wrote:
mega!!!! wrote:yeah it makes sense considering the country has changed a lot regarding vidjers over the past four years. handhelds have shown higher demand over there than pretty much any region. the wii u also managed to have a monster hunter game and a tekken game at the japanese launch, where as the ps4 has nothing like that yet.
when sony went out to the launch pad without any japanese games i was like "whaaaat" that's gonna hurt them in the long run japan isn't above petty nationalist grudges

you sure they still have grudges? iirc there was a point where battlefield 4 and gta v were in the top 20 over there.
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

money : 5880
bitches : 37
Humor : it's ya boi

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:06 pm

erm you fellas are forgetting that this is just one country and the PS4 is curbstomping everyone like everywhere else (esp america where tha money is at)

MADAGASCAR SELLS 5 MORE TOYODAS THAN THE COMPETITION, FORD FORCED TO CLOSE ALL ITS FACTORIES!!
admin
admin
ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC

money : -420000486
bitches : -5361

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:09 pm

mega!!!! wrote:
kkkRISTYAN FOOLE wrote:

you sure they still have grudges? iirc there was a point where battlefield 4 and gta v were in the top 20 over there.
they gargle americock that's not the same as petty nationalist grudges. they got upset because they weren't the first to get the pissfore and they're still upset about that in addition to the fact it doesn't appeal to them at all right now. the only loyal exclusive devs they still have are bandaiplusnamcobrands, nippon ichi and atlus one of which is clearly staying with ps3 and nippon ichi has never been that big or moved that many systems anyways

bandai namco usually just publishes on what's biggest in japan and that's not gonna be the ps4 any time soon

so sony needs to get its jap studios to work asap cuz ain't nobody gonna get them out of this for them
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:14 pm

mrspurinization wrote:erm you fellas are forgetting that this is just one country and the PS4 is curbstomping everyone like everywhere else (esp america where tha money is at)

MADAGASCAR SELLS 5 MORE TOYODAS THAN THE COMPETITION, FORD FORCED TO CLOSE ALL ITS FACTORIES!!
total numbers aren't what we're talking about. this is about consoles being fucked in japan not ps4 being fucked everywhere
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:19 pm

nintendo's always been the closest thing to an exception to the console japan rule. if you think about it only the saturn and ps1 (??? over 70 million of the ps1's sales were to europe and japan so idk) were really popular in japan and non-nintendo
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:19 pm

PS4 just needs summa dat ass and titties to get the players in kind of like idolmaster and xbox 360

the thing is nintendo can't release a game like that for their system for fear of soiling their name with the prudes in the west
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:22 pm

mrspurinization wrote:PS4 just needs summa dat ass and titties to get the players in kind of like idolmaster and xbox 360

the thing is nintendo can't release a game like that for their system for fear of soiling their name with the prudes in the west
lel idolmaster didn't work
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14 Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:55 pm

mrspurinization wrote:PS4 just needs summa dat ass and titties to get the players in kind of like idolmaster and xbox 360

le bayonetta face  lesser minded fool 
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:56 pm

omg i forgot about that it's basically vaporware at this point
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:44 am

Diseased_Giraffe wrote:

le bayonetta face  lesser minded fool 
too old
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down