OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK govt switching from MS office to ~open source~

3 posters

Go down

UK govt switching from MS office to ~open source~ Empty UK govt switching from MS office to ~open source~

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:00 pm

I get a feeling all the accountants are going to hate this
admin
admin
ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC

money : -420000486
bitches : -5361

Back to top Go down

UK govt switching from MS office to ~open source~ Empty Re: UK govt switching from MS office to ~open source~

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:01 pm

I used libreoffice's excel equivalent once.

ONCE.
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

UK govt switching from MS office to ~open source~ Empty Re: UK govt switching from MS office to ~open source~

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:09 pm

superior urupe recognizes inferior microshit and goes openoffice version 1.2 (c) 2004
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:31 pm

dear fucking god I hope they go google docs. it's shit but shit is one rank ahead of bullshit which is libreopenffice
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

money : 6040
bitches : -2475
Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:37 pm

mr not racist krabs wrote:dear fucking god I hope they go google docs. it's shit but shit is one rank ahead of bullshit which is libreopenffice
i would use libre over google shit any day you obviously havent used guggle's shit
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:02 pm

mr not racist krabs wrote:dear fucking god I hope they go google docs. it's shit but shit is one rank ahead of bullshit which is libreopenffice
No government is ducking stupid enough to give data like that to Google. That's not even smart for small business

Also; Google Drive isn't even open source.
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:10 pm

they said they were considering switching to either openisffice or docs

they should switch to docs because openisffice is gayshitfuckballs
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:11 pm

docs is great if you dont care about privacy and want a version of wordpad that runs slow as fuck in tha cloud
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:12 pm

mr not racist krabs wrote:they said they were considering switching to either openisffice or docs

I don't give a shit how l33t you think GDocs is just cuz you have fuckin Stockholm syndrome for it, having a fuckin government give data like that to them is ridiculous and they're not gonna go anywhere near it. GDocs isn't even encrypted iirc.
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:13 pm

gary oaky wrote:docs is great if you dont care about privacy and want a version of wordpad that runs slow as fuck in tha cloud
seriously I used it for a couple of assignments, gdocs word has NO features. Its completely barebones.
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:29 pm

mrspurinization wrote:
mr not racist krabs wrote:they said they were considering switching to either openisffice or docs

I don't give a shit how l33t you think GDocs is just cuz you have fuckin Stockholm syndrome for it, having a fuckin government give data like that to them is ridiculous and they're not gonna go anywhere near it. GDocs isn't even encrypted iirc.
they were considering it so obviously they don't mind
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:31 pm

mrspurinization wrote:
gary oaky wrote:docs is great if you dont care about privacy and want a version of wordpad that runs slow as fuck in tha cloud
seriously I used it for a couple of assignments, gdocs word has NO features. Its completely barebones.
not even double spacing or anything? all i know about it is what i've heard about it
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:39 pm

mr not racist krabs wrote:
mrspurinization wrote:
not even double spacing or anything? all i know about it is what i've heard about it
It has some very basic text formatting features and that's it. It's got nothing compared to beasts like MS Word.
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:39 pm

mrspurinization wrote:

they were considering it so obviously they don't mind
Source?
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:01 pm

mrspurinization wrote:
flamingdinner vehemently defends google docs and then admits all he knows about it is 'what he's heard about it'
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:05 pm

gary oaky wrote:
mrspurinization wrote:
flamingdinner vehemently defends google docs and then admits all he knows about it is 'what he's heard about it'
it's like you have something against beaners
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:05 pm

http://www.winbeta.org/news/uk-government-wants-drop-microsoft-office-considers-openoffice-and-google-docs
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:06 pm

gary oaky wrote:
mrspurinization wrote:
it's like you have something against beaners
hahahahaha FD pulls the fucking race card over word processors

this thread can only go downhill from herre
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:07 pm

that's the only explagaytion for why all of oaky's new posts revolve around making me feel bad :(
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:08 pm

mr not racist krabs wrote:http://www.winbeta.org/news/uk-government-wants-drop-microsoft-office-considers-openoffice-and-google-docs
just coz they're "considering" it doesnt mean it's likely at all

the IT guys who are behind their government wouldn't ever allow using something as shitty as gdocs for all of their fucking document processing
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:10 pm

mrspurinization wrote:
mr not racist krabs wrote:http://www.winbeta.org/news/uk-government-wants-drop-microsoft-office-considers-openoffice-and-google-docs

the IT guys who are behind their government wouldn't ever allow using something as shitty as gdocs for all of their fucking document processing
true but they're still considering it so checkmate dumb theist
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Making a government use Google Docs for all of their confidential document processing is like giving your car keys to the clerk at a store and disappearing for a week.
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:25 pm

mrspurinization wrote:

true but they're still considering it so checkmate dumb theist
The hard-nosed guys at the top of the food chain in governments don't know a lick about IT. They probably just threw out 'FUCK MSOFFICE LETS DO SOMETHING ELSE' and then named some options. The actual IT guys are going to make the decision and you'd better believe they're not going to be using fucking Google Drive for all their doc processing. There would be rioting in the streets of London if all the beaurocrats were suddenly forced to use their laggy ass spreadsheet manager.
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum