OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"FUCK U NINTENDO!! DIE NOBODY LIKES U!!! I WANT UR GAMES ON MY PHONE AKREADY -___-"

+4
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
mega!!!!
admin
dogtranswoman328
8 posters

Go down

"FUCK U NINTENDO!! DIE NOBODY LIKES U!!! I WANT UR GAMES ON MY PHONE AKREADY -___-" Empty "FUCK U NINTENDO!! DIE NOBODY LIKES U!!! I WANT UR GAMES ON MY PHONE AKREADY -___-"

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:50 pm

I remember it still — people flipped out about the Nintendo (NTDOY) Wii. Yes, its name was mocked for a while, but there was genuine excitement around what Nintendo was doing with motion and the entire gameplay experience. While the original Nintendo Wii was almost an Apple (AAPL)-like product — Nintendo focused on the gameplay and not on specs; the company didn’t even have HD graphics when every other console did — the Nintendo Wii U clearly demonstrates how far Nintendo has fallen and how out of touch the company is.

I bought a Nintendo Wii U for one reason and one reason only, and that’s to play and beat “Super Mario Bros. U.” I’ll probably end up returning the console after I’m done, because that’s how horrible the Wii U actually is.

First of all, the fact that Nintendo actually decided to ship this joke of a controller called the GamePad with a 6.2-inch touchscreen in the middle says it all. It only lasted for around two hours per charge over the week I’ve used it, and it’s big, clunky and made of glossy Nintendo plastic. The problem it, it has no charm. It feels thrown together to try to make a statement, one that says that Nintendo isn’t afraid of the iPads or Android tablets or iPhones or iPod touches, and that it too can take on touch just as it took on motion.

It fails miserably. And that’s just the controller.

The actual console is one that finally for the first time ever supports HDMI and HD graphics, yet Nintendo’s flagship game doesn’t look good in high-definition. The console’s UI is a mess, and let’s be honest, we are living in a time where we are so connected, where so much is shared across continents instantly, that real design transcends what country it was designed in.

When you see a beautiful iPhone app’s interface, there’s a good chance you couldn’t tell if it was designed by a company in San Francisco or Paris or Hong Kong. But Nintendo’s interface is blatantly Japanese, and it lacks any and all sophistication. It’s like all of Nintendo’s designers just gave up and are living in a time when Apple’s iOS devices and Google’s (GOOG) Android devices don’t exist, blissfully ignoring the threat that their company is facing from all angles.

The Wii U experience is so terrible that it took over an hour to update the software on the console recently, and apparently that wasn’t that bad. People have told me their updates took over 4 hours when performed closer to Christmas. Do you know what that 7-year-old is doing during those 4 hours you’re making him wait? Playing Temple Run or Angry Birds on his iPad mini. Way to go Nintendo.

I’ll go on record and say that I think this is the last video game console Nintendo will make for the home. I just don’t see the future here with hardware. Not by a mile.

Nintendo needs to realize that hardware is hardware and that Nintendo’s hardware isn’t special, it isn’t elegant and it isn’t thoughtful. It’s merely a delivery mechanism in a time where design has never been more important.

Nintendo is a great company, one that has invented so many great products, but sooner or later it will be forced to offer its titles on iOS devices and Android devices. It’s going to get to that point. There’s way too much revenue to be made — Nintendo isn’t Sega, and Sega is crushing it as a software-only company.

I just hope Nintendo follows suit sooner or later, because I have $9.99 ready to go for the Super Mario app on iOS.
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

money : 6040
bitches : -2475
Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

"FUCK U NINTENDO!! DIE NOBODY LIKES U!!! I WANT UR GAMES ON MY PHONE AKREADY -___-" Empty Re: "FUCK U NINTENDO!! DIE NOBODY LIKES U!!! I WANT UR GAMES ON MY PHONE AKREADY -___-"

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:53 pm

dat dual standard of "nintendo is shit" and "i want nintendo on my playstation/iphone"

i also love how people act like people hating the wii is what's ruining nintendo. that's fucking bullshit, everyone enjoyed it until they wore out the games they had for it and then they didn't know what else to get, remember when nooper maryo wee made system usage and sales fucking skyrocket again despite being a wholesale port of the ds game? yeah that's because families limited themselves to 5 minigame compilations and didn't know what else to buy because price/casualness/hype is directly = quality which is why just dance is doing amazing, because it's all 3
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Humor : "ok" -dongomannu wise buddhatheislamic sage student of neil degrasse tyson chicken nugget burger a k a neil smoke degrasse tyson light one up for my blackest nigga

Back to top Go down

"FUCK U NINTENDO!! DIE NOBODY LIKES U!!! I WANT UR GAMES ON MY PHONE AKREADY -___-" Empty Re: "FUCK U NINTENDO!! DIE NOBODY LIKES U!!! I WANT UR GAMES ON MY PHONE AKREADY -___-"

Post by admin Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:I remember it still — people flipped out about the Nintendo (NTDOY) Wii. Yes, its name was mocked for a while, but there was genuine excitement around what Nintendo was doing with motion and the entire gameplay experience. While the original Nintendo Wii was almost an Apple (AAPL)-like product — Nintendo focused on the gameplay and not on specs; the company didn’t even have HD graphics when every other console did — the Nintendo Wii U clearly demonstrates how far Nintendo has fallen and how out of touch the company is.

I bought a Nintendo Wii U for one reason and one reason only, and that’s to play and beat “Super Mario Bros. U.” I’ll probably end up returning the console after I’m done, because that’s how horrible the Wii U actually is.

First of all, the fact that Nintendo actually decided to ship this joke of a controller called the GamePad with a 6.2-inch touchscreen in the middle says it all. It only lasted for around two hours per charge over the week I’ve used it, and it’s big, clunky and made of glossy Nintendo plastic. The problem it, it has no charm. It feels thrown together to try to make a statement, one that says that Nintendo isn’t afraid of the iPads or Android tablets or iPhones or iPod touches, and that it too can take on touch just as it took on motion.

It fails miserably. And that’s just the controller.

The actual console is one that finally for the first time ever supports HDMI and HD graphics, yet Nintendo’s flagship game doesn’t look good in high-definition. The console’s UI is a mess, and let’s be honest, we are living in a time where we are so connected, where so much is shared across continents instantly, that real design transcends what country it was designed in.

When you see a beautiful iPhone app’s interface, there’s a good chance you couldn’t tell if it was designed by a company in San Francisco or Paris or Hong Kong. But Nintendo’s interface is blatantly Japanese, and it lacks any and all sophistication. It’s like all of Nintendo’s designers just gave up and are living in a time when Apple’s iOS devices and Google’s (GOOG) Android devices don’t exist, blissfully ignoring the threat that their company is facing from all angles.

The Wii U experience is so terrible that it took over an hour to update the software on the console recently, and apparently that wasn’t that bad. People have told me their updates took over 4 hours when performed closer to Christmas. Do you know what that 7-year-old is doing during those 4 hours you’re making him wait? Playing Temple Run or Angry Birds on his iPad mini. Way to go Nintendo.

I’ll go on record and say that I think this is the last video game console Nintendo will make for the home. I just don’t see the future here with hardware. Not by a mile.

Nintendo needs to realize that hardware is hardware and that Nintendo’s hardware isn’t special, it isn’t elegant and it isn’t thoughtful. It’s merely a delivery mechanism in a time where design has never been more important.

Nintendo is a great company, one that has invented so many great products, but sooner or later it will be forced to offer its titles on iOS devices and Android devices. It’s going to get to that point. There’s way too much revenue to be made — Nintendo isn’t Sega, and Sega is crushing it as a software-only company.

I just hope Nintendo follows suit sooner or later, because I have $9.99 ready to go for the Super Mario app on iOS.
source
admin
admin
ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC

money : -420000486
bitches : -5361

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:57 pm

"Basically, Nintendo has just like released another 7th generation console with a new pad. The eShop sucks, and the fact that in a world where game mods, user gen content, and level editing is a standard in today's gaming world, Nintendo needs to get serious about gaming 2.0."

where the hell do mad fags pull this shit out from

the part about standards isn't even remotely fucking true and lol @ "gaming 2.0"

http://bgr.com/2012/12/28/nintendo-wii-u-criticism-272039/

yes it's a year old but the site's linked back to it like 4 times in "WE WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!"
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:59 pm

"nintendo's interface is blatantly japanese"

um how the FUCK do you have japanese inspired UI design you faggot? you just said design goes across continents or whatever the shit
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:03 pm

in related news the angry birds shit is finally dying off, angry birds go is getting fucking slammed by everyone. did it take them that long to realize all rovio makes is rip-offs? angry birds is crash the castle with pretty graphics

yes go has around 30 million downloads already but i think that's all it's getting which is abysmal for fucking angry birds. i don't see any fags pretending they game just because they know what angry birds is any more, i think it's dead in the water as is the rest of mobile gaming

shit, at the beginning of the school year all people did on their phones was play games and now the only reason people pull them out is to text their ~~amoure~~
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:12 pm

i have a hypothesis that the amount of flak nintendo gets is directly proportional to how badly their competitor (sony/sega) is doing

le feelio when sony as we know it won't even exist for round 9, feelio when xbox probably won't, feelio when nintendo is the company that's doing the best right now and no manner of sales or damage control can change that, feelio when that's not saying much, feelio when following sony's bankruptcy we'll immediately go into a crash that lasts 2 years at least while pc and nintendo flourish, feelio when the only people who could possibly step back in to be nintendo's competitor are sega, ea and activision and the latter two love taking multiplat cock
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:00 pm

having a late 80s-early 90s dominant nintendo again would be a fucking disaster these days and you fucking know it. publishers will not put up with the shit nintendo used to pull anymore, especially that they already have had trust issues with them since the n64. publishers will just put their stuff on pc because there would be more profitability too, considering the userbase would probably consist of former xbox and sony users along with the PC-centric asian countries and all that. you just can't act like that crowd is going to keep nintendo afloat after both other console platforms die. most of them would rather be dead than own nintendo hardware, so they aren't gonna work in nintendo's favor. just to make it worse, there would be EVEN less third party games than there are now on ninty's side, which would kill a majority of any potential interest in the hardware and sales would be even smaller than the wii u's numbers. thus, we'd see a death spiral of their hardware business.

so yeah, there's no way in hell a nintendo + pc world would ever survive again, it's just not that kind of atmosphere anymore
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

money : 5880
bitches : 37
Humor : it's ya boi

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:11 pm

you realize they pulled that shit because they didn't want another crash to happen. as in all the influx of 3rd party torrid shit that came around 1983 that killed the entire industry? yeah. and they were right too as all the unlicensed nes games suck ass

they don't have the motive to do that any more and they're actually big with indies, what are you talking about?

besides nintendo has survived without the sega/playstation audience or 3rd party games and they will continue to do so
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:13 pm

sega has had multiple opportunities to re-enter the hardware business and missed all of them, i think that even if the entire console industry died they wouldn't consider it but they're still the most likely

ea and activision also have to be paid to publish anything exclusive to newer platforms with smaller userbases so the chances of them making a console are around 0
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:torrid shit that came around 1983 that killed the entire industry
Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:that killed the entire industry

nigga you do know the 83 crash was restricted to north america, right? the home computers were kicking it in europe and the famicom was still hyped in japan, all in the same year. the quality control seldom helped, as there were still many pile of shit games that got through. it was more of them just preventing unlicensed software from getting into big name stores.

big with indies, yeah, okay. not too much from what i've seen. besides, most indie games are generic nostalgia pieces of shit that try way too hard to be more than what they actually are.

you insist they survived without the crowd before, and that's true, but you fail to read between the lines. i said the market is very different from what it was then. people of our age and up are rarely going with nintendo platforms, and by god is it not any more obvious than in the wii u's sales. that isn't to say they can't bring their dominance back from the time, it can still be done. but only if they actually try to give people reason to stick with consoles in that scenario.
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:23 pm

not even going to read this thread
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:23 pm

gary oaky wrote:not even going to read this thread

you have no reason to

mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:54 pm

it was only restricted to consoles, of course the famicom was going smoothly but it was released during the "oh shit why aren't we SELLING" christmas 1983 period, so it wasn't around to suffer the crash, fuck even the epoch cassete vision suffered that holiday

and there's a huge difference in between a kusoge and a broken game that's boring and shit. nintendo only filtered out the action 52s and the ching chong games that would crash the industry
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by the loser abuser Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:52 am

thread is gay
the loser abuser
the loser abuser

money : 47
bitches : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:54 am

the loser abuser wrote:thread is gay
angry nerd above
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mega!!!! Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:56 am

nerd just a haydurr
mega!!!!
mega!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by alyaza Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:21 am

le feelio when this entire thread is word walls
alyaza
alyaza
wizard

money : 18317
bitches : -944
Humor : praise be to the all powerful appaloosa horse

http://otrepository.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:44 pm

slamjamsk8r wrote:le feelio when this entire thread is word walls
i thought you had high tolerance for tl;drs
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carl Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:13 am

nintendo is pretty shit now
carl
carl

money : 652
bitches : 5008

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:57 pm

original ya boy wrote:nintendo is pretty shit now
ur gay and wrong

also who are you
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Daisy Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:
original ya boy wrote:nintendo is pretty shit now
ur gay and wrong

also who are you
that's carl
Princess Daisy
Princess Daisy
THE IDIOT PRINCESS

money : 3638
bitches : 23
Humor : HI I'M DAISY

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:15 pm

yeah carl is pretty much always wrong
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtranswoman328 Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:15 pm

he's like the michael pachter of things other than video games other than that he's cool
dogtranswoman328
dogtranswoman328

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Flamjamthankyoumaam wrote:yeah carl is pretty much always wrong
fuck you
admin
admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum