OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTX: A PEOPLE'S HISTORY

3 posters

Go down

OTX: A PEOPLE'S HISTORY Empty OTX: A PEOPLE'S HISTORY

Post by ammy Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:11 am

i'm posting what i have now since i dont feel like writing the rest and i dont want to forget about this

i'll probably finish the rest of OTTD's history later and dig deep into some other story-arches (PN, BA, etc.) after that

--

presented by ammy
moral support by repoch

All information that I don't know first-hand is from the OTSW. pleas excuse the OTFF bit, i don't know shit about it

EPISODE 1 - GENESIS - SUMMER OF 2011

Dogman was pretty standard as a ROTer, posting edgy shit and getting banned on a pretty regular basis. One day, he got a ban, and after contemplating suicide while brushing his teeth with a huge cock, decided he wasn't gonna take it anymore. OTFF was born, igniting a metric ton of gunpowder on Roblox and setting the stage for the forums to come.

OTFF was a pretty standard forum, with the usual ROT shit, only you wouldn't get banned for swearing or meek admittance to your sexual attraction to horses of the cartoon variety. Things were good, up until civil unrest of about RTCity eventually took its toll. The Trial of OTFF swept up the forum into a mighty shitstorm, resulting in RTCity being demoted and permabanned for deleting a poll. Dogman then exercised his status as the headmin for once, claiming he would permaban anyone who went against his will.

OTFF didn't stand a chance. The forum began to slip into total heat death, until the forum broke, resulting in a shitstorm on the site and everyone moving to Forumotion, where they would remain for the next ever. Dogman lost all his power, and wouldn't regain it until much later.

EPISODE 2 - REBIRTH - WINTER OF 2011

OTFF/F was little more than a way-station between the collapsing Informe and Forumotion; users hopped to it, and then hopped out just as soon as they had came. OTBunker was a shiny new utopia in the horizon, and people cared little for RTCity's forum. Dogman refused to join the forum in the first place, striking against it in hopes that it would bring users back to his site (didn't work, real big shocker there). He also refused to join OTB until he realized what a pointless effort it was. OTBunker proudly carried the olympic torch of the OTx line, being almost exactly like OTFF in terms of post quality and content. There was another problem, though; like OTFF, there was civil unrest about moderation. Lckelear and RTCity were doing as Dogman did and refused to join the site in hopes of driving their dwindling user base back home, but likewise it didn't work and they came to the new site. Lcke did little on the site other than argue with users and act like a pain in the ass; RTCity did whatever.

The torch still burned, until one day out of nowhere Amsk8r blew it out. After doing some backroom dealings, ammy had easily snagged status as an admin after being a registered user for two days and destroyed the entire site less than 4 hours later, after getting Viral to promise he would give Amsk8r admin abilities on his spinoff, OTShelter (where he planned to do the same as OTB). Credit to RD101's wonderful moderating abilities, the site was completely re-done, ending an age of shameless horsefuckery and sinking the site into a lake of furious shitstorms for the rest of its days.

EPISODE 3 - AGE OF STRIFE - SPRING OF 2012

After everyone realized what super serious business moderating a forum was following what would later be addressed as the "PURge", everybody wanted a piece of the pie. And so with that began a forum almost permanently embroiled in conflict known as OTBunker: Reborn. Fawned over by some as "Internet Gangwars", OTB was in a permanent state of conflict. Over what, you might ask?

Because some little kids wanted to be moderators. That's basically the entire gist of it. Heated, emotionally-charged arguments were so common most aren't remembered by the OTBers; they were just a day-to-day thing. Eventually an environment so toxic had to break down, and so it did; the "coup d'etat" (thanks for the gay name rtcity) ended with the head admin, RD101, insulting everyone on the site, threatening to kill himself and then wiping the entire forum off the map. OTB was dead as fried chicken.

EPISODE 4 - TUG OF WAR - SUMMER OF 2012

What's to follow was a frenzied, scatter-blast shitstorm between the various cliques of OTB:R. RTCity furiously edited the wiki, Mega stumbled around, RD101 fucked off. Biggest of all was the creation of TOTL and rebirth of RP4 - a forum where many of OTB's users hailed from. Following that was a tremendous power-struggle between the two sites, which finally ended when Viral, the head behind RP4's revival, threatened to ban anyone who moved to TOTL. Immediately after, the entire userbase fled from Viral's glorious brony forum and hit the high hills off to TOTL, not giving a shit about the looming bans over their heads.

The tug-of-war between the two powers wasn't really RP4 falling into the hole as much as it was the rope giving way and snapping. Although TOTL won the war, the victory was short lived; TOTL was dead as fuck. Things were looking grim as the site slowly began to sink into what would later be referred to as "TOTL-style rehabilitation" - posting ROT links in hopes of stimulating activity. Things were starting to wear down.

EPISODE 5 - AWAKENING - FALL OF 2012

Right when TOTL seemed like it was up shit creek with no paddle, Amsk8r returned to the forum in the swiftest, hardest and most brutal way possible, previously being absent from OTx for months after getting rage-banned on OTB by Mckailey. He immediately took to high-pace shitposting and breathed life into the forum, enough of it to keep it on its feet for another few months. The same night he joined, he spammed every thread on the site with "KAWAII TRUCK", almost getting permanently banned until RTCity settled for two days. OTx was steady on the ground, and after the dust settled the fabled Shitposting Squadron was written into name, laying claim to TOTF, its future enemy PN and many others. Glorious Magician also joined in on the fun.

EPISODE 6 - CHAGRIN - WINTER OF 2012

Ironically, TOTL started to end up just like it had started off; the buzz of activity lessened and lessened as users started to post more and more worthless topics, and the site started to look more and more like ROT. Every thread would get spammed with irrlevant bullshit as users made desperate attempts to look funny and every post held a 50% chance of being quoteposted to death. It was basically ROT crossed with Tumblr - hell on earth.

Amsk8r and RTCity were already sick of the dawdling and Dogman helped little by going onto the site frequently to bitch about how much he hated it and how it was the worst site ever, while making no contributions to quality control himself. Things came to a crashing end when Ratiosu, who had quit to BA months earlier, sent amsk8r a frustrated series of messages over Skype about how TOTL had become a complete shitfest. Amsk8r agreed, messaged them to RTCity and then committed glorious account suicide, his final act of seppuku on the site which triggered an avalance of butthurt from Dogman. RTCity leaped onto steam and chastised Dogman, demanding that he be put up as the head ruler of the site and Dogman quit OTx if he hated it so much. Dogman claimed that if he didn't care about OTx he wouldn't delete it, and he wouldn't give the title to RTCity because he would "ruin" the site. Dogman later deleted the site when he found out that he couldn't fight his userbase, as everyone was escaping to OTRepository, the next era of OTx's impressive family line.

EPISODE 7 - DEEP FREEZE - WINTER OF 2012/2013

OTR kinda sucked. Don't get me wrong here, it picked up later, but... it wasn't doing well from the get-go. Already low levels of activity were smothered by Skype jerking, and user apathy that was cooked up by Dogman's manic-depressive attitude, not to mention TOTL getting obliterated when only four or five users were online, causing much confusion for the rest of its userbase. Things weren't looking too bright, up until one day Icy Holic (then going by the moniker "SeaSwirl") came to the site. Icy was, like amsk8r (who was largely absent and apathetic to OTR), a fast, heavy duty and merciless shitposter. She brought OTR off the ground and gave it just enough kick to keep the site moving along and no longer suffering of a seemingly inevitable heat death.

OTRepository was an alright place to be most of the time; people were posting, everything was doing pretty good. But, like TOTL, there was unrest. RTCity had developed a tenancy to throw massive fits on the forum, often inflating threads' page #s in arguments, binning threads et cetera. One day, while RTCity was away for something, amsk8r decided to have some fun and fucked with the site's theme, gave everyone name colors and pushed the site left and right. RTCity came back, threw a fucking fit and then reverted everything, despite amsk8r's threat of sending the whole userbase to OTRecliner, his own spinoff forum, if RTCity touched any of the changes he made.

The OTRepository Revolution was so successful in that amsk8r and Seth struck hard when almost the entire site's userbase was online, something that the Downfall of TOTL failed to do, which brought cheap results. Amsk8r and Seth blasted away at the site, banning every user with messages to OTRecliner, changing the heading of the site to OTRecliner and causing a general sense of madness, all while distracting a furious RTCity by repeatedly pelting insults at him. Within 5 minutes they had the entire OTRepository userbase on OTRecliner. RTCity wasn't pleased.

EPISODE 8 - REVOLUTION - SPRING OF 2013

What came after what would become known as the "OTRepository Revolution" was a furious storm of hurtmad from RTCity, who was upset about losing his position as the head admin beyond any reasonable boundaries. Just like OTFF/F, he refused to join, claiming that "I transcended OTx", "OTx has become boring for me", "OTx will die without me" and "I'm not mad at all". He would also spam users of the site on Skype, trying to convince them to leave the site, saying it was "hopeless", including a now-notorious chat where he spammed Red Epoch, calling him an "amsk8r slave". Dogman tried to force Mega to leave, getting him to remove everyone on skype and leave the site, although he would return later. This series of events resulted in Dogman being permanently banned from the site, where he wouldn't be allowed to return until months later. It also got RTCity on better terms with Amsk8r and Seth, which would later result with him FINALLY returning the site and bringing a golden age of peace, prosperity, quality posts and original content.
ammy
ammy

money : 1472
bitches : 7
Humor : Kaikoku Shinshu!!

Back to top Go down

OTX: A PEOPLE'S HISTORY Empty Re: OTX: A PEOPLE'S HISTORY

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:19 am

i learned something from this
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:19 am

actually i learned a lot because i didn't want to have to sift through rtcity's notably notoriety on otsw to learn about totl and otb and shit
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by ammy Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:23 am

seth wrote:i learned something from this
you probably didnt learn as much as i hoped you would

i need to beef up the paragraphs because im missing a LOT they're mostly just brief summaries of periods and eras on the site
ammy
ammy

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:25 am

ammy wrote:
seth wrote:i learned something from this
you probably didnt learn as much as i hoped you would

i need to beef up the paragraphs because im missing a LOT they're mostly just brief summaries of periods and eras on the site
teach me!
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by ammy Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:33 am

later, i'm tired :3
ammy
ammy

Back to top Go down

Post by RICK ROSS Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:08 am

this doesnt seem the same as the last one you put out. this isnt bad but the other one was better, great either way
RICK ROSS
RICK ROSS
HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR

money : 21298
bitches : -345
Humor : 360 Degrees of Perfected Styles

Back to top Go down

Post by ammy Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:08 am

gay
ammy
ammy

Back to top Go down

Post by ammy Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:36 am

Red Epoch wrote:this doesnt seem the same as the last one you put out. this isnt bad but the other one was better, great either way
i wrote it to be more informative and historically accurate instead of just glorifying bullshit like the last time

if i ever finish this i want it to read like something you could give to someone who's never been on our site and 10 or 15 minutes later finish reading it and have an idea of what the overall outline of otx was like
ammy
ammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down