OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

there are actually people out there that enjoy using fedora linux

3 posters

Go down

there are actually people out there that enjoy using fedora linux Empty there are actually people out there that enjoy using fedora linux

Post by tomokos8thaccount Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:58 pm

and to emphasis the point further, they actually think fedora's version of command prompt is better than regular command prompt
tomokos8thaccount
tomokos8thaccount

money : 39
bitches : 1
Humor : umm

Back to top Go down

there are actually people out there that enjoy using fedora linux Empty Re: there are actually people out there that enjoy using fedora linux

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:08 pm

fedora terminal 2 le max
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

there are actually people out there that enjoy using fedora linux Empty Re: there are actually people out there that enjoy using fedora linux

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:08 pm

its not bad just because it has a retarded hat in its name though it's a good linixs distribution from what i used
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by gay Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:13 pm

uhh how the fuck is fedora's version of the "command prompt" different from a 'regular command prompt'

if you're talking about the regular old GNOME version, all gnome-terminal does is put up a terminal that lets you input to bash which is way fucking better than cmd or whatever you think is tha regular command prompt
gay
gay

money : 931

Back to top Go down

Post by tomokos8thaccount Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:14 pm

commands on fedora terminal are retarded and confusing. instead of simply using an administrator account, you have to go through a path of commands to be able to do anything

i prefer ipconfig, tracert, etc.

but thats just my opinion
tomokos8thaccount
tomokos8thaccount

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:15 pm

tomokos8thaccount wrote: commands on fedora terminal are retarded and confusing. instead of simply using an administrator account, you have to go through a path of commands to be able to do anything

this is how all distros of linixs work the only extra command is sudo to keep u safe and its the equivalent of uac
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by tomokos8thaccount Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:16 pm

at least, the fedora linux from 2008 and 2009 (sorry for not being specific)

ive dealt with the old versions of fedora, i havent seen anything from 2010 or beyond, for some reason
tomokos8thaccount
tomokos8thaccount

Back to top Go down

Post by gay Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:18 pm

tomokos8thaccount wrote: commands on fedora terminal are retarded and confusing. instead of simply using an administrator account, you have to go through a path of commands to be able to do anything

cmd has like 5 commands bash has a bazillion not even including coreutils and those goodies
gay
gay

Back to top Go down

Post by gay Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:19 pm

tomokos8thaccount wrote:at least, the fedora linux from 2008 and 2009 (sorry for not being specific)

ive dealt with the old versions of fedora, i havent seen anything from 2010 or beyond, for some reason
it's basically the same stuff, internally
gay
gay

Back to top Go down

Post by gay Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:55 pm

i dont get what you mean by using an "administrator account" though

if you mean doing system maitnenece then yeah appending every command with "sudo" gets a bit redundant but there's also just "su" which kicks you into the root user's environment
gay
gay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum