OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lindickerdocker review #6: lubuntu

Go down

lindickerdocker review #6: lubuntu Empty lindickerdocker review #6: lubuntu

Post by admin Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 pm

lindickerdocker review #6: lubuntu WhXHJzs

lubuntu is a shitty distro based off of ubuntu (shock) that uses the LXDE environment; if you're unaware, LXDE is basically a preconfigured openbox with some extra shitty applications. it also packs in 'lightweight' programs, like abiword and gnumetric instead of libre/open office. lubuntu says it's a good system for old computers but this is bull shit, don't believe a word these cannonical faggots say or I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU

lubuntu is, in fact, incredibly bloated and shitty for a 'lightweight' distro; it tries to substitute convenience for speed and it can't even fucking pull this off it sucks that hard. sitting idle is about 300 MBs of RAM or so, which may not seem like much to you but keep in mind that ACTUALLY light distros can use absurd amounts as low as 30MBs on startup sitting idle

lubuntu is a little better than, say, commodore OS vision, mint, ubuntu vanilla, kubuntu or some other shit but it's still very false advertised. i'd imagine it would work well on a computer made in the early 2000s but don't expect to run it on your shit from the mid 90s

actually lubuntu doesn't fucking work at all so just don't install this shit. lubuntu is so fucking broken it's a joke; doing a motonous task like running jockey to install your wifi drivers will cause the entire system to go into lockdown and shatter the filesystem like a hammer smashing into a fucking glass window. i've installed it on several different CDs that have passed MD5 checks and it STILL fucks up so don't give me any of that corruption shit either

SPEED
8/10

despite not being RAZOR FAST like other 'minimal' distros, it still runs at a decent pace

USABILITY
9/10

well it's an ubuntu based distro so expect any old dumbass to be able to use it

AESTHETICS
9/10

the default theme is pretty, it has dem sexy ubuntu font renders and openbox is highly configurable so you can morph the theme into whatever you like

OTHER SHIT
0/10

god everything else about lubuntu fucking sucks

TOTAL
suck my dick/10

lubuntu is gay
admin
admin
ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC

money : -420000486
bitches : -5361

Back to top Go down